• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

We want to share our new game with you!!

TeflonsShadow

Wise Old Thumper
Im always looking for ways to interest my spoilt boy Rimmi and made this game up last night.....

You will need pegs, and the sides of NIC cubes and some food!!!

Attach the pegs to the NIC cubes at different heights, not too many or your bun wont show interest in them.

In some of the pegs, attach some food.

Now your bun has to try and find which ones have the food in, dont foget to provide a bit of a challenge as well, attach one or two at a height where they have to get on their back legs!

Rimmi loves this game :)

100_1376.jpg

100_1378.jpg

100_1381.jpg

Make sure to take away any food they dont find after a while, I did it with his feeding pellets as well which added a twist to scatter feeding!

Really?!! Lol!! Rimmi likes throwing pegs with his mouth but obviously doesnt think they are good enough to eat :D Obviously you could use wooden pegs, they would be ok if he decided to munch ;)

That's a great idea! I'm always on the look out for new ways of enrichment. I don't have any pegs though.

ok, maybe not eat them!!!! nibble them maybe! it's a good idea though for buns needing to lose weight and work for their food. keeps them entertained aswell. :D

ok, maybe not eat them!!!! nibble them maybe! it's a good idea though for buns needing to lose weight and work for their food. keeps them entertained aswell. :D

Yep, adds another dimension to their life... lol. In the wild they dont get their food in bowls, I do lots of things to enrich dinner time:

- scatter food on the floor
- scatter food in the hay box
- toilet rolls... put a small handful of hay in one end of the tube, put some pellets in the middle and then fill in the other side of the toilet tube with hay..
- cardboard box with shredded paper in, hide pellets in the paper

The cardboard box doesnt spend a lot of time in his cage, its a treat :D He loves it.

i think they enjoy it more when they got to search for it. i hide food in tunnels and in the hay etc....they search ages after it has all gone though! bless em!! :lol::love:

i think they enjoy it more when they got to search for it. i hide food in tunnels and in the hay etc....they search ages after it has all gone though! bless em!! :lol::love:

One of my fav ones to do is to chop up some treat hay and put it in a big bowl with pellets hidden in it and some of his treat fruit leaves on top... its like a huge yum yum dinner, its all gone by the morning :D

To be honest, I'd be very concerned about the peg snapping shut on lips or whiskers :?

You could use the pegs to hold toilet tubes filled with hay or greens - especially hay with treats and pellets in!

To be honest, I'd be very concerned about the peg snapping shut on lips or whiskers :?

You could use the pegs to hold toilet tubes filled with hay or greens - especially hay with treats and pellets in!

I do use pegs for holding toilets tubes etc. I have supervised use of pegs with food and as long as you put the food only holding lightly onto the end then it isnt possible for them to trap their whiskers or lips.

Back