• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Grieving buns

Angie65

Wise Old Thumper
Cracker went to the bridge yesterday, - Missy was with him. I brought her into the living room - I need to disinfect their section - and she seemed really agitated? This morning she's pulled quite a lot of fur out:?

She didn't eat last night, but had some veg this morning & a couple of pellets.

I given her a teddy - but she's just sitting there today. She's not got great eyesight or hearing, so I can't put her with the group. I'm hoping to bond her with Suki - but not until Suki has got the myxi-all-clear

Poor girl :cry:
I hope she will get over her grief in time. It's awful to watch and feel unable to ease their sorrow isn't it? :cry::cry:

A heat pad can be comforting. I use a Lavender scented one for my grieving Buns

I am so sorry to hear of Cracker's passing :cry:

A heat pad can be comforting. I use a Lavender scented one for my grieving Buns

I am so sorry to hear of Cracker's passing :cry:

Thanks - I will try that

I'm wondering if I shouldn't have moved her from their space - maybe it's stressed her more:?

I'm so sorry, I remember feeling so helpless for Daisy when Gabriel went. I tried to spend extra time with her but she didn't want to know... time will help you both and you do have a plan for a new partner for her... may sound silly but tell her all about it... hugs xx

Sorry about Cracker.
I'm in the same position, as Sorrell has been very quiet since Ziggy died. I've moved her beside Molly, who is also single, and hope that they might eventually bond. She was in her own run for a couple of days, but still looked sad, so I decided a change something new to think about might help. Only time will tell if I've been right.:?
Don't you just wish they could talk!

Sorry about Cracker.
I'm in the same position, as Sorrell has been very quiet since Ziggy died. I've moved her beside Molly, who is also single, and hope that they might eventually bond. She was in her own run for a couple of days, but still looked sad, so I decided a change something new to think about might help. Only time will tell if I've been right.:?
Don't you just wish they could talk!

She barely moved yesterday. This morning I was sat on the floor singing broken hearted girl (badly) & she jumped out of the cage & belted out of the room:oops: I'm gonna try & spend some time with her - at least she's eating:cry:

Back