• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hi everyone

Binnsy

Young Bun
Hi all,

I felt it was finally time I signed up, as I discovered this site a couple of months ago and have been lurking about. I found this forum when I decided it was finally time to look for a new rabbit, as, after many years of poor health, I lost my beloved Titch earlier this year. I had intended to go the rescue route, as there are so many needy animals out there.

I spent a long time looking at the rabbits in need on the site, but ended up with my Jack somewhat unexpectedly. He is not exactly rescue, but was in need of a new home. He had been bread to be a show rabbit, but was unable to do this as his mother chewed off most of his tail :( The breeder was lovely, and obviously loved his animals very much, but was in need of a new pet home for him.

So, anyway, I have had him four weeks now, and am delighted with him. He has been a dream to housetrain, and gets on with the dog as if they have known each other for years. :D

Sorry for the information overload, but here's the basics of who I am:

Name = Nicola

Area you live = Cambridge

Why did you choose your RU name? = It's one of my nicknames as an adaptation of my surname

Names of your rabbits = Jack Rabbit and Izzie the golden retriever. Bridge bunnies: Nugget, Sooty, Flopsy and Titch.

Do you work, if yes what job do you do = I'm a university student doing English Lit and Film. I also work part time as a waitress and at a cattery.

I look forward to getting to know everyone and their buns :wave:

Thank you.

I would love to post some pictures but am struggling to figure out how! Help would be appreciated. In the mean time, there is a picture of Jack in my avatar.

Thank you, big help.

Here we go....

This is the lovely little Jack

IMG_0757.jpg

And this is him being cheeky

IMG_0770.jpg

I know it looks like Izzie is about to snap at him but she is saintly with him. We have only had Izzie just over 18 months as she is a propper rescue. Fortunately Titch taught her doggy/bunny manners :)

Have just realized that it looks as though he is doing something very cheeky :shock: but he was just mid-jump onto her back as i took the photo!

:wave: Awww very cute Bunny, I am quite new aswell, it's great you will get lots of info/advice :love:

:wave: Awww very cute Bunny, I am quite new aswell, it's great you will get lots of info/advice :love:

Thank you,
I've seen the thread about Nessie on RIN, she's lovely and I'm glad she's got to you all safe and sound. I'm sure she'll be very happy with you. I look forward to the support and any advice on here, as I have found from my many years of rabbit ownership that, no matter how much you think you know, something always seems to come along to compleatly throw you :)

Back