• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What do you think's more important - Toys or binky space?

DemiS

Warren Veteran
I see pictures of huge set ups all the time, but crammed with toys. Surely rabbits can't easily run around and binky with all these obstacles in the way? :?

Which do you think is more important?

Charlie has a few few toys in my room, but I keep them all at one end. So if he wants to run and dive about, he has half my room and the bed. If he wants his toys he plays at the other end :)
in his hutch the toys are all on the bottom floor and he has the top one to stretch out and relax

Neither of mine are interested in toys (I have tried) so they just have the space of their wendy house and attached run when they aren't free range.

Mine seem to prefer binky space, but I guess it depends on the buns, how moveable the toys are (as Lou says, they'll soon move them :lol:) and probably how old they are and their general activity levels.

I would prefer to see a large run with 2 things in it than a small run crammed with toys.

Mine seem to think anything that is put in their room that isn't food is a waste of space that must be destroyed as soon as possible. There is one toy a jingle ball thing that the boys play with but that's it. They like loo rolls stuffed with hay, only because it involves food :roll::lol:

I prefer space too.
I tried a run and hutch full of toys once, the poor things just had to clamber over everything :lol:

Definitely the binky space for my 5. They aren't really interested in toys as such but prefer log rolls, tree cones or something they can chew to death :shock:

The only toys my two have is a willow ball which they have almost finished with now and they had about 4 days ago. They also now have a wicker basket and a little tent. The tent is mainly because they chase alot so it gives Snowdrop somewhere to hide. They love it!

Oh almost forgot, they also have a tunnel which they love! I dont know what it is with bunnies and tunnels but mine adore them!

I have quite a few things in my bunny room but they are only in there while im at work which is when they sleep anyways. In the evenings they are free range so can run about whereever they want.

mine have loads of toys but then they have a 12ftx12ft garage! I rotate the toys so they dont get bored of the same ones. If they are free ranging lots then they get to binky outside :D

For my guys its toys and hay boxes. they much prefer to snuggle up in the hay box, or chew things, over binkying. Although, there is lots of space in the middle of my set up, and I try to put toys etc to the edges

Space for mine ! He likes tunnels and stools to sit up on, but he hates the floor cluttered and shifts all small toys to one corner after the playhouse is cleaned out and there they stay until next time I put them out again.

Well my buns have lots of space, and toys but not so many toys that I'm wading through the house up to my knees in toys! :lol:

I'd say space. Mine have most fun when free range in the garden - there may be "interesting stuff" there - tables & a low wall & plant pots, but there's no toys as such:D

Back