• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Heart probs?

kgattrell

Alpha Buck
I'm not sure whether to be worried or not. When Fudge has been running around for a little while, he will then lie down. All stretched out with his feet behind him, but he breathes really fast you can see his chest going really fast.

He is due to be neutered in two weeks, should I get him checked out beforehand. He is eating, pooping and weeing fine but I'm not sure if he has lost a little weight or if Ellie has just put more on...

Could it be his heart or am I being a paranoid mum...

My Maisie is a bit like that this morning, personally I would get him check before neuter, because you don't know what the ga could do xxxxx

To be on the safe side, you should get him checked out before any op.

When Homer was younger he used to be like this, panting quite heavily. He has grown out of it (now 6.5) and now only does it if he is a bit stressed e.g. going to vet.

I agree that he needs to be checked before his op. I believe that all buns need a check pre op.

My bun used to run until he was wabbit, & flopped out, hot ears & neck, & puffing. He'd just overdone it. He's 4 now, healthy, & beginning to realize he isn't a hare.

Back