PDA

View Full Version : Outside wall concerns

rachylou
07-11-2009, 11:14 PM
As most of you know Jimby is an indoor bunnykins and as I have posted about we have recently built him a new cage out of the cubes.
We decided to chage the wall that the cage is agaist as it gives more 'room' potential for him whilst out of his cage however only problem is, is that his cage is now against an outside wall and with the colder days and nights now drawing in I am a bit concerned that he will be chilly?
Do I need to worry or am i worrying too much here?

Snowberry
07-11-2009, 11:23 PM
I wouldnt worry too much. Make sure he has enough hay or a soft bed to keep him warm and im sure he will be fine. Does he have a friend to snuggle up to?

rachylou
07-11-2009, 11:26 PM
Only me :D But I think the hubby would get even more envious if I spent the whole night in Jimbys cage and not in bed with him :lol:
We have put a towel on the floor of his cage for him and he has a small cat littler box with hay in but it is not really big enough for him to sleep in.
We did have a bigger one but he just weeeeed in it, then would not eat the hay. :roll:

Snowberry
07-11-2009, 11:27 PM
Only me :D But I think the hubby would get even more envious if I spent the whole night in Jimbys cage and not in bed with him :lol:
We have put a towel on the floor of his cage for him and he has a small cat littler box with hay in but it is not really big enough for him to sleep in.
We did have a bigger one but he just weeeeed in it, then would not eat the hay. :roll:

Think about getting a friend for him. He will be much happier and have someone to keep him warm at night.

rachylou
07-11-2009, 11:51 PM
We have talked about that as a possibility but really we can not afford it, definatly not at the moment anyway.
Jimby does seem to be a very happy boy as a sole bun, I am not working at the moment due to health reasons and am home more often than not so he does have a lot of company and loads of nose rubs :love:

lunar6769
08-11-2009, 12:03 AM
Just a thought ... but is the window on the same wall? Sometimes you get a bit of a down-draft from behind the curtains in the cold - we had to sort of tuck the curtains on the windowsill for this reason as there was a bed under it.

Hope that makes sense :)

Tamsin
08-11-2009, 01:09 AM
The majority of bunnies live outside over winter, he's not going to get too cold indoors ;)

rachylou
08-11-2009, 01:49 AM
Thank you for all your replies, there is a dummy window on the wall (The kind that does not open) but it is up a lot higher than his cage, the main windows are in our room.

I love him soooooo much, we have just had a big snuggle and lots of nose kisses :love: