• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Looks like im in for a long night

Snowberry

Wise Old Thumper
My pair are refusing to settle down tonight. Usually after their pellets they go straight to sleep and get up again about 5am but tonight they dont seem to want to calm down. Strawberry keeps rattling the bedroom really loudly so I am having to sit in their room with them.

Please send some peaceful night vibes- I really need some proper sleep.

Sit in the room with them, i bet you fall asleep with them !

Is it the fireworks keeping them up?

There is nowhere to sit! Its there room so doesnt have a chair or bed so I would be laid on the floor amongst the bunny poos! Plus I darent close my eyes with Strawbs around as he likes to bite me!

Fireworks finished here a while ago so not sure what it is.

Put them in the bedroom with you, once in your bed, they cant nibble!?

Maybe they can sence you want another rabbit from today;)

We have just moved them out of our room as its wooden flooring and they like to play chase at 1am which makes the neighbours complain! lol

Its taken a few weeks to finally find something that works but Strawberry has decided I have become complacent so needs to show me its still not perfect!

And trust me they can! When its Strawberrys breakfast time he jumps on the bed, digs the duvet off me and bites me till I get up!

I do hope they settle for you soon....maybe fireworks unsettled them initially and they are just taking time to calm down?:?

I do hope they settle for you soon....maybe fireworks unsettled them initially and they are just taking time to calm down?:?

Hopefully. It seems to have gone quiet now so im gonna go to bed in a minute, need to get some sleep while I can! Wake up call is usually about 5am.

Hope you get some peace tonight, my cat is being a nightmare tonight must be something to do with the fireworks :(

Just had a thought - could you get one of those timed feeders and set it for 5am? Might give you a little lie in!

Well they settled.... Untill 5.03am!

Its amazing how they know what time it is! Strawberry starting rattling the bedroom door so went in and put a board accross so he couldnt get to it.

5.10am he had jumped the board and was rattling it again. Gave him a fresh handful of hay.

5.30am he realises he has been jipped with the hay and wants his pellets so gets back to rattling the door! I get up and give them their pellets.

5.45am they have both eaten up and rattle the door again to see what else they can get!

6am I get up and let them out free range.

6.20am they have driven me mad for 20 minutes running about like mad people so I take Strawbs into the lounge and lay on the sofa while he eats a carrot. Leave Snowdrop upstairs.

7am Carrot eaten, Strawbs fast asleep on bottom shelf of bookcase. I can go to sleep!

8am Wake up to find 2 pairs of shoes eaten and a bunny sat on my head! I let him back upstairs free range, jump in the shower and then come on here!

Its as bad as having a newborn baby I am sure!

Back