• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Some Kirkby cuties

Snowberry

Wise Old Thumper
These two gorgeous bunnies will be looking for a home very soon. One is male the other female, they are currently living separately as the male has not yet been neutered. They both have BRC rings and are about 4 months old. The pictures really don't do them justice. They are so lively and friendly they didnt want to sit still for the pictures but were happy to have a cuddle! They are gorgeous!

DSCF0382.jpg

DSCF0384.jpg

DSCF0385.jpg

DSCF0387.jpg

DSCF0388.jpg

DSCF0389.jpg

Awww so cute:love: Do they have any Lyric sized boyfriends at Kirkby?

Well im glad you asked......

There is a boy, he looks like a conti x to me. He isnt as big as a full conti but def has the ears. He is about 5 months old.

But....... he bites. He came into rescue for biting a child. Today he bit poor Polly, really hard and wouldnt let go. He is a lovely guy, was running along the hutch mesh to say hello and full of character- he just went for her as she opened his door. Hopefully a neuter and a kind owner will help him get better.

Well im glad you asked......

There is a boy, he looks like a conti x to me. He isnt as big as a full conti but def has the ears. He is about 5 months old.

But....... he bites. He came into rescue for biting a child. Today he bit poor Polly, really hard and wouldnt let go. He is a lovely guy, was running along the hutch mesh to say hello and full of character- he just went for her as she opened his door. Hopefully a neuter and a kind owner will help him get better.

Any pics? I could tame a biter i think:lol:

We darent take any after he had bitten Poly! I will pm Denise and ask her to take one for you as she is going back tomorrow. He really is lovely!!!

Did he just lunge at her? i had a rabbit like this as a child he was called oscar jones but he was evil:lol: Yes id love to see pics:) What colour is he?

Did he just lunge at her? i had a rabbit like this as a child he was called oscar jones but he was evil:lol: Yes id love to see pics:) What colour is he?

Celia says a few volunteers have handled him before and he was ok with them. As soon as she opened the door he latched on to her arm and wouldnt let go. Luckily she had a fleece on so he didnt break the skin too badly but it will be a nasty bruise. Hopefully it was just because of the amount of people around him and he might have been a bit spooked by the noise made by doing some of the hutch repairs.

We darent take any after he had bitten Poly! I will pm Denise and ask her to take one for you as she is going back tomorrow. He really is lovely!!!

Don't forget to ask her to wear a double pair of gardening gloves.:lol: Seriously, though, the bunster in question was gorgeous and I feel guilty and stupid that I was bitten.:oops: I think he was spooked by all the people around him.:( What he really needs is castration and a friend, as mentioned.

BTW I would like to thank Snowberry and Suzanne for the First Aid. :)

They are cute.. but how come if they are BRC rung they are in rescue at 4 months?:(

I was about to say the exact same thing :( Isn't there a rod for one's own back being made here by accepting these as rescues? Because of the rings, they are easily enough identified if they get dumped aren't they :?

I was about to say the exact same thing :( Isn't there a rod for one's own back being made here by accepting these as rescues? Because of the rings, they are easily enough identified if they get dumped aren't they :?

Please do not turn this thread into a debate about breeders and which buns rescue should/should not accept.

The story is these guys have ended up in rescue through no fault of their own and are needing a good home.

Don't forget to ask her to wear a double pair of gardening gloves.:lol: Seriously, though, the bunster in question was gorgeous and I feel guilty and stupid that I was bitten.:oops: I think he was spooked by all the people around him.:( What he really needs is castration and a friend, as mentioned.

BTW I would like to thank Snowberry and Suzanne for the First Aid. :)

Oh dear naughty bunny:lol:

Back