• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Sick again :(

Sakura6267

Warren Scout
I brought Yuki to the vet today to have everything checked up, and the appointment went well. The doctor thought he was doing very good, his weight was good, and there were no signs of abscesses. She wants me to bring him in again in another 2 weeks for tooth burring and x-rays to make sure there are no hidden abscesses. This was pretty good news, but when I brought Yuki back home I can't get him to eat his pellets. He did eat a carrot, but he won't touch his pellets. He was doing pretty good for the last week, and had a healthy appetite, I don't know why he would stop eating again. :( I already had to force feed him some Critical Care. He is still on his pain meds, so I don't know why he won't eat his pellets today. The doctor didn't poke around too much in his mouth, could he just be stressed out from the vet trip? But I've brought him to the vet tons of times before and it never affected his appetite.

Are you sure he's just not hungry if he ate a whole carrot!

I would be reluctant to start force feeding if he's eaten fairly recently, you could make him much worse by stressing him out. I would leave him some pellets and other yummy healthy treats (maybe some greens and herbs as well as hay) for a while and monitor his munching/pooping closely.

He started eating the pellets right after I made this post! What's up with that?! :roll:

He actually had eaten the carrot a couple of hours before, but I know I shouldn't have started force feeding right away. I just get so panicky when he doesn't eat since I don't want him going into stasis. I only gave him a little bit of Critical Care. It hydrates him, and I think it kind of jump starts his gut when he's reluctant to eat.

Back