• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

christmas hats for bunnies?

Hi all, want to make some cute christmas cards this year wondering if anyone knows where I could get hold of some little bunny size santa hats or even reindeer ears?! Seem to be able to get them for dogs but cant find anything smaller, any ideas?! xxx

I doubt reindeer ears would stay on a rabbit, but try look for x-small dog, cat, baby or doll hats

I got dog ones for my two a few years ago...........

xmasbuns_2005003.jpg

The reindeer ones have a bit that goes under the chin. I got these from a pet shop but you could try googling.

Awww, that doesn't seem very fair. As a prey animal it would probably be quite frighteneing to have something attached or their head!

Why not use photoshop or some other phot editing software to make the pics? That way you won't need to actually put the things on the buns!

Awww, that doesn't seem very fair. As a prey animal it would probably be quite frighteneing to have something attached or their head!

I think it depends on the individual buns. Mine didn't mind in the slightest as you can see from the photo above, they just sat there. As house bunnies they are used to being with us, and they often push themselves under corners of blankets/cushions etc so are used to having material things on them. Charlie used to (he died a few weeks ago at the age of 10) sleep on my lap, snuggled up in a blanket. If it had bothered them in the slightest I wouldn't have done it - plus they wouldn't have let me do it anyhow, they'd have run away!

I agree, it dosen't bother some buns at all.
Because many people think Harley is a wildie, I always put a cat collar on him when he's free range in the garden.

Because I do rabbit jumping, all my buns have been used to a harness since a young age (Flash and Jez - 12 weeks old, Harley - 6 weeks old). They don't mind them anymore.

i think you shoUld use a photo programme on the pc. so the rabbitsdont actully wear the hats in real life but are put on in the programme.

example:
monty.jpg

Back