• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I thought rabbits were vegetarian !!!!

teenybash73

Young Bun
Try telling my Peter that, the wee :censored: went and chewed a hole in the seat of my leather sofa last night:oops::oops::oops:.
Dont get me wrong it is over 10 years old but really did cost an absolute fortune compared to what you can get them for these days.
I just sat there in shock for about half an hour in disbelief whe I realsied what he had done:shock:
Better keep him away from the butcher meat in case he's got a taste for flesh lol:lol::lol:
Only had him in over the firework period so he didnt get too spooked, thats gratitude for you eh?

I once dropped a dog biscuit containing real chicken, Flash and Harley were there gobbling it up in an instant :shock:

When we first got Little Ted, he had a real thing for trying to try everything we were eating. Before I could stop him he had jumped onto the settee and started eating a piece of chicken - it was part of a curry! He looked very disgruntled when I pulled it out of his mouth!

We have had to move the cats food bowl to the hallway and put up secure gates . .,otherwise they try and gobble it up (at least its only dry pellets - but it is fish flavour!).

Parsley also has a thing about dairy products and will kill for yoghurt or milky tea or cereal. We do NOT let him have them but he climbs all over us to try.

I thought rabbits were vegetarian!!!

My housebunny Quentin (RIP) used to tuck into my cat,s food:shock:he would nudge them out of the way to eat it:shock:my vet was horrified when i told he about his gross eating habits:oops::lol:
He once dived into my O/H dinner plate to snaffle his roast beef dinner:lol:O/H was not amused:lol:
he loved steak and kidney pie and used to raid my shopping bags when i got home from the supermarket:oops:i remember once having to chase him round the room trying to retrieve a packet of ham which he had pinched from the fridge:oops:and having to stand on a chair to eat a bun as he loved them and would just jump up and sneak them from my plate:lol:
Open the fridge at your peril when he was around (he could hear it being opened at a mile away) he would snatch whatever he could get his naughty teefies into and run:lol:
Vet used to ask why i let him have these things but i didn,t he just used to pinch them:lol:
I LOVED him so much i will never have another bunny with such character as he had:cry:

My previous rabbit, Brit, once nicked a sausage out of a hot dog and dragged it behind the sofa. She ate about a quarter of it before we got it off her.

Before I had my own house bunnies, we were looking after my brothers house rabbit Harry and he ate a massive hole in my mum's leather sofa :lol:, she was so frustrated since the suite was very very expensive :shock:!

Hugo used to always eat our cats dried food if he got to their bowls -Phoebe An never bothered with it, but I caught her eating it the other day :shock:

My previous house buns henry and buffy (R.I.P) used to pinch chips off my plate (i have a video on my mobile of this), henry once jumped onto my lap where my plate of chinese was sitting - he ended up covered in sweet and sour sauce (which he licked off). He also rather liked Quavers and once bit the top off my OH's Cadbury's Cream Egg!! They would both raid the shopping bags for food (which one resulted in henry hopping around the lounge with the carrier bag round his tummy) and they would hear the fridge opening a mile away 'cos thats where veg comes from'.

He best one, though, has to be the day henry ate a dead spider off the kitchen floor - truly yuk!!

They were such characterful bunnies and i miss their antics.

Back