• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What breed? German Lop??

p_prod_uk

Mama Doe
Hiya, what breed is my new bun - simply curious.
Was told she's a German Lop...?

IMG01422-20091107-1718.jpg

IMG01431-20091107-1752.jpg

Also, how overweight do u think she is? :?

Yes, I'd say German lop or French cross.
She looks a little chunky, but most Germans/Frenchies are

Looks like it to me :)

A little overweight but dont be fooled by the dewlap - they all get that regardless of build! Your aiming to have them feel firm and solid across the back but not flabby.

just had a look on google, and her facial profile does look like a german lop.
As for weight, I think with exercise and a good diet she will lose it quickly enough... she doesn't look terriby overweight, german lops are quite chunky anyway. Just has a mahusive dewlap! :love:

just had a look on google, and her facial profile does look like a german lop.
As for weight, I think with exercise and a good diet she will lose it quickly enough... she doesn't look terriby overweight, german lops are quite chunky anyway. Just has a mahusive dewlap! :love:

I know, it's the biggest dewlap i've ever seen! She'll be weaned onto SS now with me and hopefully will slim down a little. At least she's not thought of as obese! I've never had such a chunky bun so wasn't sure!! :wave:

Looks like it to me :)

A little overweight but dont be fooled by the dewlap - they all get that regardless of build! Your aiming to have them feel firm and solid across the back but not flabby.

Thats not true, Saffy has never had a dewlap and when i got tinkerbell she had one which now shes lost the weight you can hardly see.

She does look overweight but just feed her sensibly and plenty of exercise :) shes very pretty! :love:

have you checked her back legs to see if she has a metal brc ring on if shes going to be a pet it would be better to remove this as it may get caught or stuff underneath it if not checked regulary

yeah i've checked her over thoroughly and no ring :)

Have spent some time with her again this morning and she's still very timid, but has done some happy flops!! :love::love::love::D

She came up to me at one point though, doing that head jerky thing they do when they're wary, and she nudged my hand (i was keeping totally still and quiet) and she jumped off in fright! Silly thing :lol::love:

She's adorable. Hoping her spay goes ok tomorrow and that she soon warms to me :)

Well obviously a if I had to pick between and German or a French, it'd be a German, especially if she's been bred from.
She's very sweet.

Back