• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

neutering

rawr

Warren Scout
On monday I'm getting my un-neutered male bun and I was thinking of getting him a spade girlfriend from a rescue.

Should I also get the male neutered or will just the female being spade be ok?

thanks
xxx

On monday I'm getting my un-neutered male bun and I was thinking of getting him a spade girlfriend from a rescue.

Should I also get the male neutered or will just the female being spade be ok?

thanks
xxx

no both need to be done the reason for this is to stop aggression over territory, excessive humping and also to make bonding easier due to no hormones after neutereing a male is still fertile for up to 6 weeks also this allows his hormones to settle the important thing is once both are netuered that tehy are bonded in a neutral enviroment! best of luck many rescues wil lallow you to take your bun speed dating to find the right partner as arranged marriages dont always work out! :) x

You'll DEFINATELY need to get the Buck neutered. If you dont he will pester the Doe all the time which will be very stressful for both of them.

I agree to. They will both be happier with him done. Not sure any rescues would let a speyed feamle go with an entire male unless there were exceptional circumstances.

Good luck :wave:

He's got a check up booked for Wednesday so I'll book his neutering at his check up.

Bless him! He's not even here yet and he's got two vet visits planned!

Back