• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding next weekend...

Snowberry

Wise Old Thumper
I am going to try and bond Bungle with Strawbs and Snow next weekend. I will start on Friday night (about 5ish when im home from work) and am hoping they are going to be ok on the Sunday as im back at work on the Monday. Obviously if im not happy I will not leave them together and would have to save the bond for Christmas when I have more time off.

I know some people disagree with what i'm doing but I believe it to be for the best for all the bunnies involved and if it all goes wrong I will put my hands up and say I should have listened.

I am going to have to bond them at home so will be using the attic room which Strawbs and Snow havent been in for a few weeks and which Bungle is currently living in. I know it should be totally neutral but using the other half of the room is the best I can do. I will obviously clean and spray with vinegar first.

I will start them off in the carrier and take them for a drive then might put them in the bath for a few hours as that will be totally neutral.

Does anyone have any advice that can help me? Or anything I should get that might help?

I've got no advice sorry (my 2 seem to have gone together really easily) but just wanted to say good luck and hope all goes well :wave:

I've got no advice sorry (my 2 seem to have gone together really easily) but just wanted to say good luck and hope all goes well :wave:

Thanks. Strawberry bonded fairly easily with Graham and really easily with Snow, although they do chase a lot. I have never seen any real aggression from him which is why I am attempting the bond. Obviously if he is aggressive then I wont go through with it.

I will also monitor Snowdrop very closely and if she appears stressed at any point I would not continue the bonding. This has to be the best for ALL bunnies involved and if it isnt working for one of them then we will not continue with it.

If you sucessfully manage to bond your three then I will get another bun to bond into one of my pairs! I do secretly have my eye on somebun :)

If you sucessfully manage to bond your three then I will get another bun to bond into one of my pairs! I do secretly have my eye on somebun :)

Ooooooo the pressure! lol

Thanks for the vibes. I am dreading it already. I just hate the initial poke them all into the carrier part incase they start fighting in there and I cant get them out quick enough!

Wishing you the best of luck! Keep us posted on how it goes. I will be bonding a trio soon so any tips i can pick up will be great :D

Good luck Rach, will be thinking about you :)

I would just make sure when you put them back in the attic room, you restrict the space they've got. Also will you be able to sleep up there with them in case they start scuffling in the night?

Thanks for the vibes. I am dreading it already. I just hate the initial poke them all into the carrier part incase they start fighting in there and I cant get them out quick enough!

Good luck Rachel, you've got to succeed now so Suzanne can follow in your footsteps:lol:

Good luck Rach, will be thinking about you :)

I would just make sure when you put them back in the attic room, you restrict the space they've got. Also will you be able to sleep up there with them in case they start scuffling in the night?

Yeh the attic room is my neices bedroom as she lives with us at weekends and holidays so I will stay up there with her next weekend. I bonded Strawbs and Snowdrop up there and stayed with them for a few nights.

Bonding on Friday hopefully and im nervous already!!! I am contemplating pulling a sicky on Friday so I get all weekend to do it but doubt I will be able to!

Will start friday night and hopefully they will be ok by monday morning when I go to work.

Am taking my niece to an ice show on the sunday morning so got to leave the OH supervising.

Am gonna get everything ready tonight so clean everything and spray vinegar. Am really nervous! I really want this to work out but I know how much of a pain Strawberry can be!

Well its tomorrow! I am really nervous and know not to get my hopes up but I really want this to work.

I think I might be crazy starting it on Friday 13th though! lol

If it doesnt work out this weekend we will wait till xmas and give it another go when we have longer to try it but by the new year we will know if it will work or not and if it wont we will have to help Bungle find a new home. I will be totally heartbroken if he has to go, I have got so attached to him.

Got to wait for OH to be home from work as I dont feel confident doing it on my own then start with a car ride. Am dreading the bit where we poke them all in the carrier! lol They wil then go in the bath tub untill bed time when they will have a small section of the attic room where I can sleep with them.

Aw, I really hope that its a quick bond. Emily and Muffin finally got married today, they have been together in the shed all day and we went out there with them for an hour earlier and all seems pieceful and happy, what a relief. We were starting to wonder if they would ever get there but we have taken it slowly over the last 2 weeks. I am so pleased for both of them. Good luck and keep us updated

I just hate the initial poke them all into the carrier part incase they start fighting in there and I cant get them out quick enough!

Thats the bit I hate:( The trio I was going to bond has now become a 4 so I have another few weeks reprieve until Ollie is neutered etc.I've just got this vision of being overcome by 4 fighting bunnies :(
Cant wait to see your trio bonded pics!!!

Wishing you lots of good luck!!

Im getting closer to bonding my 2 and im dreading it - Oreo is getting de-plumed tuesday so a few weeks after that and we will be under way! Im terrified as Sooty can be a bit of a madam at times..

Keep us updated - i like to hear other peoples bonding stories so i feel a little more prepared!

So when you first put them in the carrier - is this the first time they have met?? I always wonder what happens if they start scrapping before you get in the car :?

Thinking of you at the weekend :love:

Wishing you lots of good luck!!

Im getting closer to bonding my 2 and im dreading it - Oreo is getting de-plumed tuesday so a few weeks after that and we will be under way! Im terrified as Sooty can be a bit of a madam at times..

Keep us updated - i like to hear other peoples bonding stories so i feel a little more prepared!

So when you first put them in the carrier - is this the first time they have met?? I always wonder what happens if they start scrapping before you get in the car :?

Thinking of you at the weekend :love:

It will be the first time my pair have met Bungle yes! I am not sure whether to put them in the bath rub for 10 mins first to see how they go.

Back