PDA

View Full Version : Want to be Rabbit Mummy!

Roobarb
07-11-2009, 04:38 PM
Hi all,

I'm 28, live in Wigan with a husband 3 children one dog and plenty of pet rats!

I had a Himalayan Hare who died 6 years ago this week. Have wanted another one ever since but there was never a 'good' time. I had young babies, then upheavals. I'm finally in a place where I can start to plan for another Rabbit. I still think about Neo an awful lot and really miss their characters!

Looking forward to learnng lots from you all and chatting with you as I do!

helgalush
07-11-2009, 04:39 PM
Hello Roobarb, welcome along :wave:

I hope you find the info and advice you are looking for on here and can soon find yourself with another rabbit or two or 5 or 6! :D

Roobarb
07-11-2009, 04:44 PM
hehehe if bunny's are as addictive as rats i think i'm in trouble!

from 2 (the min rats your should keep) to ......21!

Should they be kept in at least pairs?

*Spider*
07-11-2009, 04:51 PM
Deffinitely :wave:
There are many rescue bunnies in rescues all across the UK, I think the number is roughly 35,000.
Starlight's Rabbit Rescue (www.starlightsrabbitrescue.co.uk) have got plenty of pairs of bunnies looking for forever homes. (Pairs are the most difficult to rehome) Including my fosters... :love:
http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=202691&highlight=mischevious

helgalush
07-11-2009, 05:03 PM
Deffinitely :wave:
There are many rescue bunnies in rescues all across the UK, I think the number is roughly 35,000.
Starlight's Rabbit Rescue (www.starlightsrabbitrescue.co.uk) have got plenty of pairs of bunnies looking for forever homes. (Pairs are the most difficult to rehome) Including my fosters... :love:
http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=202691&highlight=mischevious

:shock::shock:

*Spider*
07-11-2009, 05:25 PM
:shock::shock:

I know, it's awful isn't it :(
So many people buy from a breeder/pet shop when really they could be giving those buns that second chance they so badly deserve.

Jaysmonkey
07-11-2009, 09:58 PM
Welcome to RU:wave:

Roobarb
08-11-2009, 12:07 AM
Thakns for the welcome!

That's an awful statistic for rescue bunnies...so sad that it on most animals too!

I have 21 rats. Of that number 6 were ethically bred by friends of mine. The other 15 are all rescues. I have had 19 rescued ratties in total though but unfortunatley Some I only had the pleasure of being owned by for a few months because they were old when I got them but they were loved and adored all the same.

Will definately be re-homing a pair of lovely bunnies!

My dog is a rescue too!

Jaysmonkey
08-11-2009, 12:12 AM
Thakns for the welcome!

That's an awful statistic for rescue bunnies...so sad that it on most animals too!

I have 21 rats. Of that number 6 were ethically bred by friends of mine. The other 15 are all rescues. I have had 19 rescued ratties in total though but unfortunatley Some I only had the pleasure of being owned by for a few months because they were old when I got them but they were loved and adored all the same.

Will definately be re-homing a pair of lovely bunnies!

My dog is a rescue too!

Oh so glad to hear it! I'm sure you'll be a lovely bunny mummy! :wave:

ilovemybuns
08-11-2009, 12:17 AM
:wave: i live in wigan too!
i have 6 buns my latest bun leon i adopted from tameside rabbit rescue!
dee xx

Tuckerbunnies
08-11-2009, 12:21 AM
Hi welcome to the Forum, we live in Preston and my Husband originally comes from St Helens. :wave:

rawr
08-11-2009, 01:56 AM
welcome :wave:

willowholly
08-11-2009, 10:12 AM
Hiya:wave:

nursecroft
08-11-2009, 12:59 PM
:wave: Sounds like there are going to be two very lucky resue buns finding a home with you, welcome to RU (ps i started with one bun when i joined.... i now have four :shock: you were warned!! :lol: )