• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

OMG! :@ :@ FOUND OUT WHAT HAPPENED TO MY OLD RABBIT!!!!!!!!!!!:evil:

DemiS

Warren Veteran
:evil: My auntie put him on FREE ADS :evil::evil::censored:
My poor Jeff :cry: Who knows where he is now

A few years ago I had to seperate my two buns so I gave them to my auntie to look after for a while. Just found out, she has no idea where he is because she just put him on free ads :evil:

Is there anyway of finding out where he went? Gorgeous agouti butterfly marked german lop, in the West Yorkshire area. :cry:

Omg so sorry :( I've no idea about free ads but maybe he actually went to a good home? Many people here have found buns on free ads and took them because they thought the home they were at was a dead loss

Unless your Auntie remembers who she gave him to I guess there is no way of finding him now. How come you've only just find out? Didn't you keep in touch? Perhaps that's why she thought you wouldn't mind her rehoming him? I don't think you can really blame her to be honest.

Omg so sorry :( I've no idea about free ads but maybe he actually went to a good home? Many people here have found buns on free ads and took them because they thought the home they were at was a dead loss

I really really hope so :(
There aren't many rescues in the Leeds are though :cry:

Apparently he can't of gone as snake food because he's too big

Unless your Auntie remembers who she gave him to I guess there is no way of finding him now. How come you've only just find out? Didn't you keep in touch? Perhaps that's why she thought you wouldn't mind her rehoming him?

Can't you keep a kind of record thing on freeads?

I only just found out because I talk to my cousin on facebook, and I asked him to find out because my dad (who does talk to my auntie) always lies about stuff like this.

To be honest you gave him away in the first place and obviously weren't in contact with your aunt, he could have ended up in a better home on free ads, I would leave it and take it as a lesson.

To be honest you gave him away in the first place and obviously weren't in contact with your aunt, he could have ended up in a better home on free ads, I would leave it and take it as a lesson.

It was always meant to be a temporary thing, and I trusted her. I wasn't in contact that much, but my Dad was. I went over to see him a few times whilst he was there.

It was my Dad that lied. Apparently someone on their street was killing all the animals so she rehomed Jeff to a friend of hers. I was angry enough about that, but at least she knew who he went to. Now I find out this.

It was always meant to be a temporary thing, and I trusted her. I wasn't in contact that much, but my Dad was. I went over to see him a few times whilst he was there.

If that was my rabbit I would have been round as often as possible to see the bun, sure she should have checked with you, but you can see why she may have thought you were bothered if you hadn't seen the bun for years, and have only now found out, thought facebook!

I hope he is in a home where he is loved and cared for, and not given away again.

If that was my rabbit I would have been round as often as possible to see the bun, sure she should have checked with you, but you can see why she may have thought you were bothered if you hadn't seen the bun for years, and have only now found out, thought facebook!

I hope he is in a home where he is loved and cared for, and not given away again.

I did go round to see him, it was only a few weeks after one of my visits my dad said he'd been rehomed :(

I hope he's gone to a decent home too

But obviously not for the last few years. You trusted her and she probably trusted you would be back for him.

It's not nice that you were lied to but maybe it was to protect your feelings?

But obviously not for the last few years. You trusted her and she probably trusted you would be back for him.

It's not nice that you were lied to but maybe it was to protect your feelings?

It was about a year or a few ago he was apparently 'rehomed', a few weeks after I'd visited him. I wasn't going to go 'visit' a rabbit that wasn't there anymore :?

i'm confused :?

so you thought he was still there, and had been for the last few years? so you can't have visited him or asked about him in at least a year???

I think what she means is that she knew he'd been rehomed a year ago but has only just found out he was put on free ads.

Don't fancy being in that position but I hope he got a lovely new home.:(

I think what she means is that she knew he'd been rehomed a year ago but has only just found out he was put on free ads.

ah, i see. i was getting really confused then.

lets hope he found a lovely home x

Yes. My auntie was looking after him, I visited, Dad told me a few weeks later he'd been rehomed, i stopped visiting obviously, then a year or so later I find out he wasn't rehomed to a friend, he was put on freeads :(

Yes. My auntie was looking after him, I visited, Dad told me a few weeks later he'd been rehomed, i stopped visiting obviously, then a year or so later I find out he wasn't rehomed to a friend, he was put on freeads :(

that makes more sense! sorry. they shouldn't have lied to you. x

Ahh ok, that's cleared it up a bit. Poor bun, lets hope someone nice took him bless him.

Last edited:
Back