PDA

View Full Version : OMG! :@ :@ FOUND OUT WHAT HAPPENED TO MY OLD RABBIT!!!!!!!!!!!:evil:

DemiS
07-11-2009, 01:34 PM
:evil: My auntie put him on FREE ADS :evil::evil::censored:
My poor Jeff :cry: Who knows where he is now

A few years ago I had to seperate my two buns so I gave them to my auntie to look after for a while. Just found out, she has no idea where he is because she just put him on free ads :evil:

Is there anyway of finding out where he went? Gorgeous agouti butterfly marked german lop, in the West Yorkshire area. :cry:

kerry-123
07-11-2009, 01:36 PM
Omg so sorry :( I've no idea about free ads but maybe he actually went to a good home? Many people here have found buns on free ads and took them because they thought the home they were at was a dead loss

DemiS
07-11-2009, 01:36 PM
Btw this was probably last year sometime.

He's probably now snake food :cry::cry::cry:

LoopyLouie
07-11-2009, 01:38 PM
Unless your Auntie remembers who she gave him to I guess there is no way of finding him now. How come you've only just find out? Didn't you keep in touch? Perhaps that's why she thought you wouldn't mind her rehoming him? I don't think you can really blame her to be honest.

DemiS
Omg so sorry :( I've no idea about free ads but maybe he actually went to a good home? Many people here have found buns on free ads and took them because they thought the home they were at was a dead loss

I really really hope so :(
There aren't many rescues in the Leeds are though :cry:

Apparently he can't of gone as snake food because he's too big

biscandmatt1
i am so sorry. can't believe your auntie did this. :cry::cry::cry:

DemiS
07-11-2009, 01:39 PM
Unless your Auntie remembers who she gave him to I guess there is no way of finding him now. How come you've only just find out? Didn't you keep in touch? Perhaps that's why she thought you wouldn't mind her rehoming him?

Can't you keep a kind of record thing on freeads?

I only just found out because I talk to my cousin on facebook, and I asked him to find out because my dad (who does talk to my auntie) always lies about stuff like this.

louise and Gus
07-11-2009, 01:45 PM
To be honest you gave him away in the first place and obviously weren't in contact with your aunt, he could have ended up in a better home on free ads, I would leave it and take it as a lesson.

LoopyLouie
07-11-2009, 01:47 PM
To be honest you gave him away in the first place and obviously weren't in contact with your aunt, he could have ended up in a better home on free ads, I would leave it and take it as a lesson.

Have to agree to be quite honest.

DemiS
07-11-2009, 01:49 PM

It was always meant to be a temporary thing, and I trusted her. I wasn't in contact that much, but my Dad was. I went over to see him a few times whilst he was there.

It was my Dad that lied. Apparently someone on their street was killing all the animals so she rehomed Jeff to a friend of hers. I was angry enough about that, but at least she knew who he went to. Now I find out this.

louise and Gus
07-11-2009, 01:51 PM
It was always meant to be a temporary thing, and I trusted her. I wasn't in contact that much, but my Dad was. I went over to see him a few times whilst he was there.

If that was my rabbit I would have been round as often as possible to see the bun, sure she should have checked with you, but you can see why she may have thought you were bothered if you hadn't seen the bun for years, and have only now found out, thought facebook!

I hope he is in a home where he is loved and cared for, and not given away again.

DemiS
07-11-2009, 01:54 PM
If that was my rabbit I would have been round as often as possible to see the bun, sure she should have checked with you, but you can see why she may have thought you were bothered if you hadn't seen the bun for years, and have only now found out, thought facebook!

I hope he is in a home where he is loved and cared for, and not given away again.

I did go round to see him, it was only a few weeks after one of my visits my dad said he'd been rehomed :(

I hope he's gone to a decent home too

LoopyLouie
07-11-2009, 01:57 PM

But obviously not for the last few years. You trusted her and she probably trusted you would be back for him.

It's not nice that you were lied to but maybe it was to protect your feelings?

DemiS
07-11-2009, 02:00 PM
But obviously not for the last few years. You trusted her and she probably trusted you would be back for him.

It's not nice that you were lied to but maybe it was to protect your feelings?

It was about a year or a few ago he was apparently 'rehomed', a few weeks after I'd visited him. I wasn't going to go 'visit' a rabbit that wasn't there anymore :?

biscandmatt1
07-11-2009, 02:07 PM
i'm confused :?

so you thought he was still there, and had been for the last few years? so you can't have visited him or asked about him in at least a year???

Crunchie
07-11-2009, 02:08 PM
I think what she means is that she knew he'd been rehomed a year ago but has only just found out he was put on free ads.

Don't fancy being in that position but I hope he got a lovely new home.:(

biscandmatt1
07-11-2009, 02:09 PM
I think what she means is that she knew he'd been rehomed a year ago but has only just found out he was put on free ads.

ah, i see. i was getting really confused then.

lets hope he found a lovely home x

DemiS
07-11-2009, 02:10 PM

Yes. My auntie was looking after him, I visited, Dad told me a few weeks later he'd been rehomed, i stopped visiting obviously, then a year or so later I find out he wasn't rehomed to a friend, he was put on freeads :(

biscandmatt1
07-11-2009, 02:11 PM
Yes. My auntie was looking after him, I visited, Dad told me a few weeks later he'd been rehomed, i stopped visiting obviously, then a year or so later I find out he wasn't rehomed to a friend, he was put on freeads :(

that makes more sense! sorry. they shouldn't have lied to you. x

LoopyLouie
07-11-2009, 02:13 PM
Ahh ok, that's cleared it up a bit. Poor bun, lets hope someone nice took him bless him.

DemiS
07-11-2009, 02:14 PM
He wasn't the friendliest bun, but he was a real character :(
Chestnut agouti german lop, broken/butterfly. Name was Jeff, don't know if he's still got the name. Probably somewhere in West Yorkshire.

Hoppit!
07-11-2009, 02:21 PM
I can't believe you auntie didn't ask you whether you could take him back, before she rehomed him.

DemiS
07-11-2009, 02:24 PM
I can't believe you auntie didn't ask you whether you could take him back, before she rehomed him.

I know :(
I was nearly in the position to be able to take him back too (As it was a temporary thing)

raine
07-11-2009, 03:13 PM
I know :(
I was nearly in the position to be able to take him back too (As it was a temporary thing)

Thats the problem with temporary fostering. People have in their minds a few weeks to help you out and any longer isnt really viable. I would not worry about things you cannot alter now. Just ensure that you keep the bunnies you have and give them a good life, thats all you can do really.

VickiP
07-11-2009, 03:26 PM
Thats the problem with temporary fostering. People have in their minds a few weeks to help you out and any longer isnt really viable. I would not worry about things you cannot alter now. Just ensure that you keep the bunnies you have and give them a good life, thats all you can do really.

:wave: I am inclined to agree with this, if I had left mine I would have been checking on it daily and paying for it's food etc and probably the odd treat for your aunty for doing it might have indicated how much you loved him. As it is she probably thought she was doing the right thing finding a new home. All you can do is hope that someone nice did take him and put it down to experience. No point beating yourself up over it or taking it out on your aunty now. Chin up :)

Jaysmonkey
07-11-2009, 07:48 PM
Just out of curiosity when your aunty first told you she had rehomed him to a friend, at that time (if above had been true) couldn't you have asked which friend and perhaps found out where they lived and explained the situation to the so called 'friend' of your aunty and try get him back. It's what I would have done, though I think in my family the only person I trust with my bunnies is my parents and my (middle) older brother. Maybe if you had done the above then you would have found out it was a big lie alot sooner. :(

I am sorry that your aunty lied to you, I do hope he has gone to a good home.

DemiS
07-11-2009, 08:03 PM
Just out of curiosity when your aunty first told you she had rehomed him to a friend, at that time (if above had been true) couldn't you have asked which friend and perhaps found out where they lived and explained the situation to the so called 'friend' of your aunty and try get him back. It's what I would have done, though I think in my family the only person I trust with my bunnies is my parents and my (middle) older brother. Maybe if you had done the above then you would have found out it was a big lie alot sooner. :(

I am sorry that your aunty lied to you, I do hope he has gone to a good home.

I did ask, she just said a friend from work, she wouldn't give me a contact number. By the time I found out he'd been rehomed, the owner would have allready of bonded with the rabbit, and my auntie said she was really good with animals. I didn't think it would be fair to take a rabbit from a good family, and because I didn't have anywhere for him at the time I decided it would be best to leave him.

Stator
07-11-2009, 08:25 PM
You could put a new add on freeads asking them to contact you, the person might still check the ads.

DemiS
07-11-2009, 08:39 PM
Where abouts would I put it though?
If they allready have a rabbit they might not check the rabbit section