• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

not myxi this time:(

youngbunny2

Mama Doe
:shock:Mum rang this morning to say another of our buns was dead.we presumed it was another case of myxi but after going over there he looked normal,just lying on his side,no signs of anything:? I just dont understand? the others look fine.they are all vaccinated so it cant be anything nasty,they were in a shed so he cant have been scared by a fox? could he have died of fright from the fireworks??? I really cant believe this :cry:

It may have been a heart attack with the fireworks. Was he checked at night during the fireworks?

could well be pneumonic myxi - attacks the lungs can cause death within hours. Not usual for vacccinated buns to get it though.

I would get a PM done if this isn't the first unusual death.

Vaccinations don't protect against everything that is nasty only two diseases. There are lots of bugs that can still be passed between rabbits.

Tamsin

rang the vets and he said there has been 3 buns suddenly die on their books this week.I am begining to worry that it is a bug in the food/hay or something?

Quite a few buns have been dying on here suddenly too.... if it is the fireworks than what reprieve do we have.... not long from now is Christmas, New Years... :( I have never EVER had a bun die of fright and they all lived outside...... whats changed?? :(

I am sorry for your loss

I dont think it is fireworks as you say because they have been around for years.It is either a bunny bug going round or somthing in the food/hay or somthing else they eat? It is so sad all these buns are dying.:cry:

Spice had no external signs of myxi when she was pts - all her nodules were in her throat. She went from quiet to mouth-breathing in a couple of hours.:cry:

Also there's coccidiosis - I don't there are always signs for that

So sorry - I've lost loads this year:cry:

Back