PDA

View Full Version : Sad for Wilm...should I get another bun?

LoopyLouie
07-11-2009, 12:06 PM
Poor little Wilm my dwarf hasn't had much luck with relationships. He's great at bonding with other buns and after coming to me age 2 was madly in love with his first wifey bun when she died 8 months later... :cry: Then he became part of a successful threesome for 4 months only to fall out with my other boy bun and have to be separated. Then came Bertie, his big lady friend who sadly died from stasis the other week :cry:

Poor Wilm has such bad luck :( He lives in the spare room and we do spend time with him but he looks so sad :( I don't know if I can put him through all this again :(

What should I do?

Tamsin
07-11-2009, 12:12 PM
I would bond him again. He'll be thinking about how he feel now not worrying his partner might die in future, that's more a human thing. I imagine he'd be happy with a new friend for company.

LoopyLouie
07-11-2009, 12:24 PM
If I do get another bun I'll be wanting a lady bun from a rescue, preferably about the same age as Wilm (4) and not the top of the desirability list. May aswell give a poor bun a second chance :)

jpp
07-11-2009, 12:44 PM
You've had some really bad luck, but I hope you do decide to give another bun a good home.

When I lost a Duggie to EC I was very upset and felt a bit mean to consider replacing him so quickly, but his brother Ollie was so lost without a pal.

I go in touch with Fat Fluffs from the forum to see if they'd got any single ladies (of the right age and temperment to make a good match) and we adopted Penny.

She's a sweetie and Ollie couldn't believe his luck!

Hope it works out for you. Do let everyone know how you get on.

biscandmatt1
07-11-2009, 12:55 PM
you have had some really awful luck but i also think wilm would love a new friend. :wave:

LoopyLouie
07-11-2009, 01:28 PM
I think I will do whent he right bun comes along :)

If anyone knows of any suitable long term older buns around the Yorkshire area they'll have to let me know :)

giantbunnymummy
07-11-2009, 01:30 PM
I'm sorry about Bertie :(

Definitely get Wilm a new lady friend, I'm sure he'd be happier with another bunny to snuggle up to :)

LoopyLouie
07-11-2009, 01:32 PM
:) I think I'll look for a giant again :) Bertie was such a lovely laid back bunny, just what Wilm needed really, he loved snuggling up to her tummy :lol:

Suzanne
07-11-2009, 05:57 PM
I would try again with another bun.

Bungle bunny
07-11-2009, 09:48 PM
Oh yes, please try again. I know its stress when bonding sometimes but worth it in the end. Sending you some strength vibes.

Bunnyaddict
07-11-2009, 11:23 PM
I think I will do whent he right bun comes along :)

If anyone knows of any suitable long term older buns around the Yorkshire area they'll have to let me know :)

I would definitely give him the opportunity of bunny love again.

I don't know where you are in Yorkshire, but have you tried pm'g Angie (bunnymadhouse) or Tracey (mopsmum) - they run the bunnies for Barnsley Animal Rescue Charity & they'll be able to tell you if they have any suitable bunnies in :)

venice
08-11-2009, 05:09 AM
Please remember not to put human emotions on to your rab.
He probably doesnt miss his wives like a human would He would be sad as rabs are social animals he definately needs a new pal.

please get him a friend

venice

Ps having said they are not like us and can replace friends quickly I am positive my last rab died of a broken heart when her man died