• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Sad for Wilm...should I get another bun?

LoopyLouie

Wise Old Thumper
Poor little Wilm my dwarf hasn't had much luck with relationships. He's great at bonding with other buns and after coming to me age 2 was madly in love with his first wifey bun when she died 8 months later... :cry: Then he became part of a successful threesome for 4 months only to fall out with my other boy bun and have to be separated. Then came Bertie, his big lady friend who sadly died from stasis the other week :cry:

Poor Wilm has such bad luck :( He lives in the spare room and we do spend time with him but he looks so sad :( I don't know if I can put him through all this again :(

What should I do?

I would bond him again. He'll be thinking about how he feel now not worrying his partner might die in future, that's more a human thing. I imagine he'd be happy with a new friend for company.

If I do get another bun I'll be wanting a lady bun from a rescue, preferably about the same age as Wilm (4) and not the top of the desirability list. May aswell give a poor bun a second chance :)

You've had some really bad luck, but I hope you do decide to give another bun a good home.

When I lost a Duggie to EC I was very upset and felt a bit mean to consider replacing him so quickly, but his brother Ollie was so lost without a pal.

I go in touch with Fat Fluffs from the forum to see if they'd got any single ladies (of the right age and temperment to make a good match) and we adopted Penny.

She's a sweetie and Ollie couldn't believe his luck!

Hope it works out for you. Do let everyone know how you get on.

I think I will do whent he right bun comes along :)

If anyone knows of any suitable long term older buns around the Yorkshire area they'll have to let me know :)

I'm sorry about Bertie :(

Definitely get Wilm a new lady friend, I'm sure he'd be happier with another bunny to snuggle up to :)

:) I think I'll look for a giant again :) Bertie was such a lovely laid back bunny, just what Wilm needed really, he loved snuggling up to her tummy :lol:

Oh yes, please try again. I know its stress when bonding sometimes but worth it in the end. Sending you some strength vibes.

I think I will do whent he right bun comes along :)

If anyone knows of any suitable long term older buns around the Yorkshire area they'll have to let me know :)

I would definitely give him the opportunity of bunny love again.

I don't know where you are in Yorkshire, but have you tried pm'g Angie (bunnymadhouse) or Tracey (mopsmum) - they run the bunnies for Barnsley Animal Rescue Charity & they'll be able to tell you if they have any suitable bunnies in :)

nose twitches

Please remember not to put human emotions on to your rab.
He probably doesnt miss his wives like a human would He would be sad as rabs are social animals he definately needs a new pal.

please get him a friend

venice

Ps having said they are not like us and can replace friends quickly I am positive my last rab died of a broken heart when her man died

Last edited:
Back