• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Advice

Hugo's There

Wise Old Thumper
Jim was pts this morning and we have brought his body back to let Ella spend some time with him as they were so close :cry:

I am just getting a little worried as they have been together for 2 hours and she has been licking him frantically for the whole time. She seems to be getting increasingly upset. Should I take him out even though she is still with him, or leave it a bit longer. Either way we need to take him back to the vets in about 40mins :?

I don't know what to do for the best, it is so upsetting to watch.

When I have done this in the past the other bun has always moved away after about an hour :?

Oh gosh how upsetting for you all. :cry: i'm very sorry about Jim :cry:
I have no experience of this either. Perhaps give it another 5 mins and then maybe move him a distance away? behind the wire of their pen/cage but so she can still see and smell him? and then gradually move him away in stages? I'm sorry if this is a daft suggestion. Thinking of you all this morning. :(

Oh gosh how upsetting for you all. :cry: i'm very sorry about Jim :cry:
I have no experience of this either. Perhaps give it another 5 mins and then maybe move him a distance away? behind the wire of their pen/cage but so she can still see and smell him? and then gradually move him away in stages? I'm sorry if this is a daft suggestion. Thinking of you all this morning. :(

I think this is a good idea.

Thinking of you and Ella Liz. xx

Liz I am so sorry. Its so upsetting when they grieve. Shes obviously finding it very hard.

Oh my goodness how upsetting for you all :cry: Poor little Ella must be frantically trying to wake him up. I wouldn't know what to advise, but thinking of you all this morning xx

i really can't advise, but just wanted to say i'm very sorry for your loss and that must be really upsettting for ella. thinking of you's :cry:

We have taken Jim away now as we needed to get him back tot he vets before they close for lunch.

Watching them together has been one of the most upsetting things I have ever seen :cry::cry:

She has eaten and seems Ok, it breaks my heart to look at her though.

A bit concerned tonight as there are lots of fireworks tonight and it is very cold.

The plan is to leave her where she is for a couple of days as don't want to change too much too soon, and then bring her in and see if she will bond with Revel our 9 year old :)

Thinking of you both.
Broke my heart watching Blue with Ollie too. Its horrible because you know there is nothing you can do to the help them.

Back