• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunnie noises

clarebear

Mama Doe
Does your bunny make any noises? I am reading 'The Rabbit Whisperer' by Ingrid Tarant, and she says that most domestic bunnies make noises, and if they don't you should be concerened? Is this true? Bramble doesn't make any noises really, apart from the other day when he was running circles round me he was grunting a bit! Should I be worried that he's so quiet?

Lola makes a little gulping noise when she is drinkign but thats it. Mine are very quiet x

Pickles squeals with rage when he's attacking me! Ginger's very quiet. I don't think you need worry in case they look unhappy.

Bramble certainly seems happy and healthy. I wonder if he would make more noise if there was another bun in with him.

Hmm... Pipkin hardly ever makes noise, apart from the occasional purr. Ruby's not that noisy either but she makes some hilarious noises when she's eating.

I don't think it's something to be that worried about... I haven't heard much about bunny noises before..

Pie does the grunting/honking while running around my feet. She also grinds her teeth slightly when she is having hugs (not a sound as such but...)

Other than that shes quite quiet, but I know she is a very happy and healthy bun. :)

Oh, but Ginger does 'chutter' quietly as a sign of contentment when we're having a snuggle. It's soo cute. :love:

Out of my six only Bluebell is vocal. He purrs when cuddled and makes a weird noise when he's alerting the other buns but everyone else is completely silent.

I thought this when I read the book as well as my bunny at the time (sadly at the bridge now :() only made 2 noises (that we heard) in 6 years, it was always really newsworthy when we heard him! Rosie and Ted who we have now do make more noises, but still not particularly often. Ted made grunty / humming noises when we first got him but it's tailed off.

Back