• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

getting increasingly worried about petals behaviour

Ted an Petal

Warren Veteran
hi guys, i'm getting really worried about petals behaviour, i can't actually lift her out of her area she's that vicious and i've even got thick gardening gloves on. she has been increasingly nasty, well maybe nasty isn't the word as she doesn't mean it in a bad way like we would. i really don't know whats going on. i'm thinking of maybe taking her down to the vets to see if theres something more sinister going on but i just wanted to hear other peoples opinions. it's not like petal has ever been abused i've only ever shown her love and attention. which is what i'm not getting, i know maybe the smell of the babies mighten be helping but even before they arrived she was getting bad. she's going for my legs when she's running about in the house aswell. thanks for reading this, just feeling a bit distraught about it all. i've been trying the serenum stuff with little effect on her and i just doubt rescue remedie is going to help.

thanks jays monkey, well this is what i'm thinking. she's not tooth grinding or sitting in corner, she's eating fine and when she is out she's like a flying machine, she can be so lovely and groom you but i've been trying to pin point reactions to things that could cause her to bite, but i could be sitting here still ans she'd just launch at me, the other thing that i had thought of was maybe her eyesight isn't great, like she's not sure what the hand is so launches at it to defend herself. but she doesn't scan or anything like that nor runs into things. i've thought of everything. not sure what the vets will do to check she's not in pain.

Even spayed buns can be pretty territorial. My poppy is a softie but she has attacked my ankles when she smelt another bun on me?

yep said in my first post about the smell of the babies. but at the same time she was like this before i started looking after them, she just got worse. i've even had to block most of her view from teddy and she's been used to teds smell since she was a baby. i have been changing my cothes and washing my hands after being out with the babies and this hasn't helped either.

Back