• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

merlin took himself upstairs to bed!!

purplebumble

Warren Veteran
with another night of fireworks going off but getting rained on...and us feeling ill. we decided to take merlin downstairs with us for a few hours.
he had his claws clipped etc..and a cuddle...but bif was inching afetr him so we put a divide of metal panels cutting the lounge into one third us and two thirds bif n bertie. merlin had the run of the hall bathroom and first set of stairs.

he was so scared of bif he kept jumping into nikkis arms squeaking. bif got him thru the bars when he wasnt paying attention..she ripped fur out form in between his eyes and he ran and hid in nikkis nightshirt!

the rest of the time he was having great fun charging aorund....playing with the cats in the hall and bathroom and chaisng them into the kitchen.

he came up for loads of nsoey rubs and demanded nikki let him sleep on her or at her feet..she was virtually on the floor on a bean bag floor cushion...so it was lovely to see.
he was downstairs for over 2 hours when suddenly he hadnt come back up to me after playing in the doorway.......
we couldnt see him anywhere...then i said..oh gods hes gone upstairs all the way hasnt he?:(

oh yes he had...hed had the hall light on..the kitchen light on and the lounge light on......upstairs was dark..he hates the dark!! um yes then why did we find him asleep under nikkis bed in the pitch black:oops::lol::lol:

he got put into his pen again and he went to sleep then and there.he was sleepy and wanted a bifless area or at least his room...nikkis bedroom!

hes such a funny little fella.

hes still destructive but only certian tigns and esp if hes left more than 60 seconds!
so he isnt free range anymore.

im moving his cage back in tomorrow if im not fully sick by then....and will clean up nikkis floor from hay and poops hes chucked out bless him.
then he will keep warmer overnight...and have as safe space to sleep not as open as the pen. And every evening we hope to bring him down with us so he isnt alone for too long.
am i right to do this...as long as i double bar the pen then bif cant get to him.
sad thing is he likes bertie and even bif...but bif is ready to rip him to pieces..and bertie likes having other buns running loose as long as they dont use his litter tray..eat his dinner or climb all over him all the time.
merlin has climbed on him a few times and verties just riased his head and gone back to sleep..like a soppy labrador:oops:

i was hoping this would mean more interaction between him and myself too..as now nikkis is his everything and hes avoiding me..wehn we used to have cuddles and nose rubs for about an hour solid!
its good for him to have more freedom.....but supervised...and play with his feline buddies and THEIR toys for a change:lol: he also gets increased hoomin time.

a few hours each evening should be ok?

should i feel proud of him going to his room by himself..or worried he felt forced into it to not have to be in the same area as bif?

not downstairs last two nights...im feverish and he has preffered to be snozing in the company of his beloved zuzu kitty...she is soundo if hes happy and vice versa..so cute.

but i will be bringing him down as soon as i stop shivering!! yes the heatings on!...im just ill!

Back