• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

when is enough?

lottielouise

Wise Old Thumper
Cherry has started teeth grinding :cry::cry::cry:

Which has given her just over a week :(:(:(

I'm not sure what is normal, surely grinding is not a good sign though.

She has put on a bit of weight and isn't losing it yet, but there is not much there to be losing :(

Grinding means pain usually (or fear sometimes). I don't know what is wrong with her, but does she have pain meds? If not I would get some ASAP.

Ive just given her some metacam, and will get her to the vets in the morning.

She had a big dental last week with an extraction and another 3 weeks before that. She was given the all clear last Saturday and I was told to stop pain meds on Wednesday, but she is grinding her teeth today :(

Sending you and Cherry vibes Lottielouise.

I hope she goes ok at the vets. Is it possible there is an infection after the dental?

I do wonder if it is the fireworks that were freaking her out. She hasn't seem too bad with them but last night was rather bad, and even though she is inside, with the lights and the radio, I wonder if she was tooth grinding out of fear.

Scoffing pellets as we speak.

No Bloods or Xrays.

Abx given for 6 days

I still suspect that she has a tooth root infection or something...I know your vet didn't think so, but a rabbit's mouth shouldn't smell.

I still suspect that she has a tooth root infection or something...I know your vet didn't think so, but a rabbit's mouth shouldn't smell.

Ive not said her mouth smells. I was concerned about her tooth grinding last night, she has stopped today, so I have put it down to the fireworks last night spooking her.

Ive not said her mouth smells. I was concerned about her tooth grinding last night, she has stopped today, so I have put it down to the fireworks last night spooking her.

You said her mouth smelled when the tooth was removed :?

IMO being scared by fireworks shouldn't make a rabbit tooth grind, but I hope I'm proved wrong

Last edited:
Ah right.

Charlie was tooth grinding too, until I started bonding. He had a teeth check up with his myxi 2 weeks ago and got the all clear.

She seems OK tonight. Chomped through carrots, a cabbage heart and some bits of cabbage, along with a couple of pellets :)

Back