• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

" dog at fireworks--

rexy&coco

Warren Scout
couldn't believe my eyes, what kind of:censored: idiot takes their dog to a major fireworks event.:evil::evil:
the poor thing was going mental:(
they took it out after about 5 mins, but it was too late by then, :censored: idiots

I stewarded a large fireworks event last night and I had several people bring their dogs in... I was shocked! I would never take my dogs out to the fireworks, how are they supposed to understand that?!!? We had to let them in though, they were only refused entry if they werent on a lead.

Total madness :roll::roll:

it was a little jack russell, he was running to get away as fast as he could, what happens to common sense, its beyond belief how stupid people can be.

I'm not saying it was a sensible thing to do, but wouldn't he have been just as scared home alone with fireworks going on all round him. Maybe they just didn't wanna leave him home alone? :?

I'm not saying it was a sensible thing to do, but wouldn't he have been just as scared home alone with fireworks going on all round him. Maybe they just didn't wanna leave him home alone? :?

If that was the case couldn't they have taken him somewhere else? At least at home he would have been inside and surrounded with familiar things.

I think that is appalling :censored:

If that was the case couldn't they have taken him somewhere else? At least at home he would have been inside and surrounded with familiar things.

I think that is appalling :censored:

I meant if they wanted to go to the fireworks, maybe they thought it was better to take him than for him to be alone and scared. I'm not saying it wasn't stupid, just that we can't assume they're stupid or didn't think, maybe they thought they were doing the right thing.

help BUNNY BOREDOM :( & a few tips for you. :)

Originally Posted by VickiP
Hi Rebecca, you need to post your thread under the heading 'rabbit chat' as a new thread, you should be able to copy and paste the post to save you re-typing it. Just to advise on what you have written so far. Do your bunnies have hay? Do you feed them lots of vegetable aswell? You can buy treat balls and put their pellet food in them but, remember that rabbits do like to sleep during the day so probably they are not sooo bored afterall, as long as they are getting the right amount of exercise when you are there and the right amount of food, I suppose having that many you must hand feed the greens so you know they each get their share? I think you might be over worrying about them being bored and you mentioned a couple don't get on - they are not injuring each other fighting are they?
ok, thank you for telling me, and ive checked, i now rabbits are supposed to sleep during the day not night, mine arent like that, they sleep for a while near the end of day, and awaken at night then go bk to sleep, but yh, i have tried treat balls and everything, but the problem is school, and night times, if you got any ideas let me know.
And i only tried the boys a few times, and they didnt get one - ever let them out together never, they fight through the bars, and the make each others noses and lips bleed, but they never learn :O, i have to watch them to make sure they dont do this to each other, the girls, no they dont hurt each other, sugar and cola, sugar runs away, i will be re-inturducing them together again soon, they are nan and granddaughter, and cola and daisy got one very well, lived together and everything, never ever had a fight or anything, but my neighbors dog killed her by jumping fence, chasing her and traumatizing her, and she died at vets 2 days later, the neighbors would NOT pay half towards a fence, they dont even care about there own animals, they dont walk their dogs.
They dont care about animals, these neighbors have caused a lot of problems, for all the time they moved in... and still to this day they are! NO JUSTICE! Where is the Justice in the world? :'( R.I.P Daisy, ily <3 FLY FREE IN HEAVEN<3 Forever in my HEART<3
UNBELIEVABLE.
thanks...x

Couldn't they just stay in with the dog and watch the fireworks out of the window, with the curtains drawn behind them? :lol: It's what I'd do if I was really that eager to watch fireworks. :roll:, but I don't enjoy fireworks so I guess thats gone past my head right there.

Couldn't they just stay in with the dog and watch the fireworks out of the window, with the curtains drawn behind them? :lol: It's what I'd do if I was really that eager to watch fireworks. :roll:, but I don't enjoy fireworks so I guess thats gone past my head right there.

Sounds to me like they didnt have QUITE that amount of intelligence! :roll::lol:

We never leave my dog alone on fireworks night. This year my mum didnt go out, last year she went out and I stayed in and the year before that our family friend stayed in with her (her youngest was 8 and too grouchy to go out)

If Minka lived with me (am a uni student at the moment and my mum doesnt work so its best she stay with her for now... plus I dont have a garden!!) Then I would stay in.... fireworks arent that thrilling :roll: I actually dont like them either. Would rather stay home with some yummy mulled wine!! YUM

We never leave my dog alone on fireworks night. This year my mum didnt go out, last year she went out and I stayed in and the year before that our family friend stayed in with her (her youngest was 8 and too grouchy to go out)

If Minka lived with me (am a uni student at the moment and my mum doesnt work so its best she stay with her for now... plus I dont have a garden!!) Then I would stay in.... fireworks arent that thrilling :roll: I actually dont like them either. Would rather stay home with some yummy mulled wine!! YUM

MMMM I love Mulled Wine! :D:love:

Me too, my OH doesnt which means all the more for me.... am trying to wait as long as poss before I start my first bottle.... nothing like that yummy smell to make it feel like Christmas!!!

I help one of my friends with two kids do her wrapping (they are very spoilt kids) and we always have a bottle or two of mulled wine to get us through the evening, she supplys as thats my reward for helping!! Lol. She hates wrapping.... and there is always sooooo much!!

One year we had farm made sloe gin... (was actually called VERY sloe gin :p ) and that was also VVVVVVVV yummy.... much better than shop bought sloe gin though :?

I wish people asked me to do their wrapping and provided me with mulled wine! I love both! :lol::lol:

I wish people asked me to do their wrapping and provided me with mulled wine! I love both! :lol::lol:

Ditto!!

Ive been doing it for a few years now... its getting easier these days, I used to go to Toys R us with her during the day too to buy the bulk of the presents (shocking amount of money spent) but I introduced her to ebay so now there is no need to go to the shop! I find it odd that she has to have the same no of pressies for each child.... even though they are old enough to understand the one pres is more expencive than another.... :roll: lol. More wrapping for me though :D I LOVE IT.

I also love having a pile of wrapped presents ready to give out. Tee hee hee.

Ditto!!

Ive been doing it for a few years now... its getting easier these days, I used to go to Toys R us with her during the day too to buy the bulk of the presents (shocking amount of money spent) but I introduced her to ebay so now there is no need to go to the shop! I find it odd that she has to have the same no of pressies for each child.... even though they are old enough to understand the one pres is more expencive than another.... :roll: lol. More wrapping for me though :D I LOVE IT.

I also love having a pile of wrapped presents ready to give out. Tee hee hee.

Yeah, I think giving is most definately one of the best things about christmas! :love:

Yeah, I think giving is most definately one of the best things about christmas! :love:

Deffo!! I love taking ages to think of the best gift for someone... I just wish I was rich :p I enjoy getting things off my family, theyre always things I want like paper, pens and clothes :D And I always buy my pets something :D He he he.

I cant wait... I have everyones presents planned and bought some... just need more funds so I can get the rest!! I need to make sure I have enough money for Decembers rent!! :oops: Luckily, I have a bit of work coming up...

Back