• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lone pig help?

janjan

Alpha Buck
I have just taken a lone male guinea pig in. I am going to have him neutered. Then i was going to bond him into live with the two girl pigs i have who live together, so the poor chap as company for the rest of his life. The two girls are around 5. So i am concerned they might not except him. Has far as i know he's around 2. When i take some pics I'll put them up. Apparently he looks like Secreat Squirrel.:? And so tame.:D
Any ideas on if they will be ok to bond him in with them?

I don't see age being a problem, I have introduced a couple of neutered males to groups/ single female and it has been fine.

Should be fine. Just make sure you wait 5 (i think, someone correct me if I'm wrong please) weeks before into-ing them to make sure he's still not fertile. I'm sure you know that though.

Good luck :wave:

OK, thanks, he is in a separate pen,at the mo, below the girls,so he will be happy enough till the right time. :D
I didn't want anymore pigs, but i couldn't let this 1 be alone for his remainder years.

yes, both girls at the same time, plenty of food as distractions and a neutral space of course! good luck! can't wait for pics!!! :wave:

Back