PDA

View Full Version : wild babies in need

torc
06-11-2009, 07:44 PM
hi, new to this forum,
i went to the stables today and rescued 3 abandoned baby rabbits. mum was dead near straw.
babies were soaking wet.
they are about 4 inches long, eyes are open, alert now they've warmed up.
what is the best thing to feed them, how often?
thanks,
tor

Snowberry
06-11-2009, 07:46 PM
hi, new to this forum,
i went to the stables today and rescued 3 abandoned baby rabbits. mum was dead near straw.
babies were soaking wet.
they are about 4 inches long, eyes are open, alert now they've warmed up.
what is the best thing to feed them, how often?
thanks,
tor

I have never had baby bunnies so hopefully someone will be along soon. You need to keep them warm for now.

lottielouise
06-11-2009, 07:57 PM
Bumping up, but search orphan wild baby bunnies in different variants.

Im sure its goats milk that you can feed them

Can someone please help

antigone
06-11-2009, 08:17 PM
Hello:wave:. There is some information re: handrearing wild babies here:http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=184411&highlight=wildie

Stator
06-11-2009, 08:30 PM
The best possible milk would be from a live surrogate mother, so you might want to check any local rescues to see if they have any lactating does.

Becky86
06-11-2009, 08:52 PM
Surely it depends how old they are? If they have their eyes open they must be at least 12-14 days old...

I would say it would be best to call a wildlife place for advice :? I would feed them things you would find outdoors like grass/weeds/leaves etc

I'll go and try to find some info for you xXx

halfpenny
06-11-2009, 09:28 PM
We took in a approx 3 week old wildie bun, her eyes were open, we gave her cimicat ( available from the vet) with biolapis added. We also offered her grass etc. We fed her 4 times a day and she did very well. Sadly at about 10 months, she broke a leg and we were advised to PTS, I wish we were on the forum at this point, because neither we, nor our vets, realised amputation was an option.:(

Nicola3
10-12-2009, 12:31 PM
Any news on how the babies are doing...?

Nicola x x x

Bungle bunny
10-12-2009, 02:30 PM
yes, just seen the thread, I would really like to know how they are doing too.