• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

bertie has had his bloodtests results back today.

purplebumble

Warren Veteran
There is no sign of anything nasty..his kidney etc functions are all normal !
BUT he still has a mild anemia. There is no seen cause for this....no sign of internal bleeding etc. just a low red blood cell count..noting drastis just a bit. he has all the vets baffled!!
he has only done a small amount of excess cecals once or tice no more snce he was in at the vets.
Our vet has told us to give him metacam if he does this again and see how he goes..could be the start of arthrtis...
but still doesnt explain the lowered red blood blood cell.

ah bertie...always a mystery!!!:lol:

hes such a smooshable bun too.

any ideas or anyone else been in this situation?

after willow died just over a year ago he got very ill and grief stricken and the bloods taken then also showed this same level of lowered red blood cells..no change in a year.

maybe hes had this for years?

No Jane hes shocked the vet..he has..to quote her.."the most perfect teeth and tooth roots and jawbone she has ever seen!" shocking as hes a lop and what is considered by most to be middle aged or old for a frenchie!

he is eating fine....peeing fine..pooping fine....no mess today hurrah. hes not been aggressive either....

my mum said..oh maybe thats why he is so fond of sleeping and laying around not moving much. nah mum..thats cos hes bertie...he loves to sleep and chill out...:lol:

ooh another bun with that..thank you..i will go tell my vet on monday...its unheard of without a cause at our practice..theyve all been confuddled by bertie! ah yes and hes been cuddled by them:lol:

i do love him so:love:

Back