• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

nervous rabbit advice please

weeble

I got my new foster bun Dave today he is tiny and terrified. I cuddled him for a bit and he was shaking. I have put him in his crate in his carrier with the door open and he has just stayed in the carrier and not moved. Question is should I leave him there or take the carrier out so he has tocome out?

Personally I would give him a bit of time to settle by just leaving the carrier in there. As long as there is hay in there and water nearby I'm sure his inquisitiveness will get the betterof him soon!

Thanks Abi he is nearly 1 and smaller than Albert when I first got him :shock: think he is going to take lots of time to get him used to people poor boy

Hi Kath. I always give my new fosters at least 24 hours to settle before I handle them. Just make sure that everytime you pass his house you call out his name and then leave him a treat, as he gets bolder, put it down in front of him and eventually hand feed it. He'll be fine, I'm sure. You're a great bunny mummy if the behaviour of your own buns is anything to go by.:D:D

Hi Kath. I always give my new fosters at least 24 hours to settle before I handle them. Just make sure that everytime you pass his house you call out his name and then leave him a treat, as he gets bolder, put it down in front of him and eventually hand feed it. He'll be fine, I'm sure. You're a great bunny mummy if the behaviour of your own buns is anything to go by.:D:D
Hmmm not sure I need any more buns that are that naughty

just give him some time. Belle and Frankie are still getting used to me, Frankie still struggles! Belle has given up and accepts a few minutes of huggs then wants her feet firmly on terra firma

Back