• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Got my kennel

Rhian33

Warren Veteran
Really pleased with it so I thought I would post some pics. The guy was really good and made it exactly how I wanted it and even put it up here too and didn't charge as much as most.

P1010159.jpg

P1010160.jpg

P1010161.jpg

:love: That is brilliant do you mind me asking how much it cost?

Not at all. £345 including the addition of the catflap, putting it together when he got here and delivery outside his free delivery area. Great guy but he's a little way away from you in Kings Lynn. I'm sure you could find someone more local though.

:wave: Thanks - gonna show my OH tonight, we have a 6x4 shed with a hutch and small run outside it via a catflap but, I want to move the hutch and run and have the catflap going into a bigger area. I think that was a really good price to have it made to your spec aswell it's fab-might inspire my OH (who is a chippy) to get his finger out :lol:

:wave: Thanks - gonna show my OH tonight, we have a 6x4 shed with a hutch and small run outside it via a catflap but, I want to move the hutch and run and have the catflap going into a bigger area. I think that was a really good price to have it made to your spec aswell it's fab-might inspire my OH (who is a chippy) to get his finger out :lol:

That should be easy for him then. Good luck :wave:

Wow! That is amazing. I bet your bunnies love it.

Thanks. They do. They are definitely enjoying sitting in a run before we let them out and being dry instread of being rained on.

Would definitely recommend this type of housing to anyone.

I think it's fantastic! :D

I have to say that I am holding you fully responsible for me having spent most of the afternoon scanning ebay and various websites looking at various kennel combinations. :oops: :lol:

I do like this style of housing - and I have just happened to measure up the patio (which is far too posh a word for the area of ancient paving slabs in the area outside our back door.....) and guess what?! It's big enough for a 12 x 4ft or a 10 x 4ft kennel combination. Though it will mean removing the small garden we have on there it wouldn't be too much of a problem given the size of the rest of our garden.

Can I just ask - do you think the 4 x 4ft shed-type living area would be too small on a permanent basis if I had a 8 x 4ft run area? I too would like to do free range in the garden when am at home but would want to be happy with it in general and obviously would want it to be big enough for rescues to be happy with. :)

I've found a combination (that's a lot more expensive though!) that does a 6ft deep version (so the living area would be 6 x 4ft) but I think we'd struggle to fit that on the patio without it dominating everything a bit too much as it would probably then block out the light from the dining room window and just be too big in general. I guess otherwise I could ask if one of the companies that make them could do a 6ft shed with a 6ft run area....

Sorry for all the questions and all the waffle! I don't have rabbits yet but love planning ahead. I would definitely like to have rabbits still in the future and have been thinking about it more and more just lately.

I think it's fantastic! :D

I have to say that I am holding you fully responsible for me having spent most of the afternoon scanning ebay and various websites looking at various kennel combinations. :oops: :lol:

I do like this style of housing - and I have just happened to measure up the patio (which is far too posh a word for the area of ancient paving slabs in the area outside our back door.....) and guess what?! It's big enough for a 12 x 4ft or a 10 x 4ft kennel combination. Though it will mean removing the small garden we have on there it wouldn't be too much of a problem given the size of the rest of our garden.

Can I just ask - do you think the 4 x 4ft shed-type living area would be too small on a permanent basis if I had a 8 x 4ft run area? I too would like to do free range in the garden when am at home but would want to be happy with it in general and obviously would want it to be big enough for rescues to be happy with. :)

I've found a combination (that's a lot more expensive though!) that does a 6ft deep version (so the living area would be 6 x 4ft) but I think we'd struggle to fit that on the patio without it dominating everything a bit too much as it would probably then block out the light from the dining room window and just be too big in general. I guess otherwise I could ask if one of the companies that make them could do a 6ft shed with a 6ft run area....

Sorry for all the questions and all the waffle! I don't have rabbits yet but love planning ahead. I would definitely like to have rabbits still in the future and have been thinking about it more and more just lately.

For a medium pair of bunnies getting free range time I would say that a 10ft x 4ft wioth a 4ft x 4ft living space is fine but if you did want to go a little bigger could you not request a 10ft x 5ft then, you would increase your living area to 20sqft from 16sqft and your run from 24sqft to 30 sqft and I doubt you would really notive that much of a difference.

Measure it out in your garden and have a look.

Thanks. Shall have to go and measure up and see..... I might be able to fit something in the other side where the old (and unused) outdoor 'loo is so will have to check that out too. I am rarely far from my measuring tape - be it for hamster cages / furniture to put hamster cages on or furniture for the pet room.... I always seem to be measuring up something and it always seems to be pet-related one way or another.... :p

I definitely like this style of housing though - the fact that the run part is so sheltered etc. especially appeals to me.

*goes off to look at more websites*

Looks great, and might actually fit in our garden better than a shed. I'm like Han, haven't got them yet but love planning in advance :D

Just need to work out if we could get one near us, how much it would be and weigh it up against a Ryedale and see who wins :lol:

Back