• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Want to do my bit for bunnies through education...

LuceMarbles

Mama Doe
..and would really appreciate your thoughts.

Been teaching digestion to year7 classes ( 11/12 yr olds ) and would like to seize the opportunity to spend a lesson or two comparing our digestion with that of say a rabbit - can you see where I'm going with this :D ?

A golden opportunity to prepare these youngsters for the future. I've got a fair idea of my approach - give them the basic facts about how rabbit guts work, but would like to include the what ifs eg., too much green, too little, wrong veg/fruit, changing foods too quickly etc. Its this bit I'm not experienced with in the way all you rescuers and fosterers are.

I can branch into comparing their healthy bodies with ours too eg., exercise.

However I'm such a scatterbrain and don't want to miss this chance to put across the key facts on rabbit care. I'd really appreciate some "don't forget about...." to include.

Thank you for your time. If this works then I'll use it again and do it with Y8 too.

I just wanted to say, what a fantastic idea!!! Good on you! :D

I'm a primary school teacher, and I've done the whole talk on 'if you have pets this week, make sure you keep them protected from the bangs from fireworks - cover them up, move them, check on them' etc. Gotta take these opportunities when you can! :D :lol:

I don't know a huge amount of "don't forgets!" but I find it fascinating that rabbits and horses can't vomit and therefore get poisoned more easily. And yes, excellent idea to teach year 7! As long as they don't have to dissect any rabbit tummies...!

I don't know a huge amount of "don't forgets!" but I find it fascinating that rabbits and horses can't vomit and therefore get poisoned more easily. And yes, excellent idea to teach year 7! As long as they don't have to dissect any rabbit tummies...!

I wouldn't imagine thet there would be any dissection.

Anyway, what a great Idea- you could perhaps bring in photos of your rabbits eating different foods...

Back