• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Firework help!! U/D Almost assaulted.

Starlight

Warren Veteran
Just had a note through my door from my neighbour...

Stating that between 6pm and 7pm, he will be settung some off for his daughter :evil:

I am so scared the buns will have heart attacks :cry:

They were fine this morning after last night, but they were not right next door... What if any set light to the hutches?

Am i being paranoid?

I can not bring any buns in, let alone all 21 in my garden...

Last edited:
I would cover every hutch with something heavy that will black out (such as carpet or a rug)
Our vet says its the flash they dont like not the noise!
The bright flashes startle them, so if you can black the hutch i am sure they will be fine.

How nice of you neighbour to let you know though :D ours wouldnt :evil:

Really? There is no possible way at all of bringing them in? Poor little things.

Maybe he'll just have those quiet ones though, roman candles or whatever.

Aw hun i am sure they will be fine, my idiot neighbour was setting them off last night too :evil:

I literally stuffed thier beds full of hay and sprinkled little treats and things in with it, stuffed loads of loo roll tubes full with hay and hidden treats as well to keep the extra occupied and distract them from the noise, i covered them all over early as well and they were all fine :)

Really? There is no possible way at all of bringing them in? Poor little things.

Maybe he'll just have those quiet ones though, roman candles or whatever.

She's still in quarentine because of Auts.

It is good that he told you.....at least you have some warning.
I would do with making sure they have LOADS of hay and cover them up early. At least the noise will be muffled then.

How nice of your neighbour to forewarn you. We had loads going off right above the shed that Caramel and Cinnamon are in, I went in to sit with them and put a radio on.....they were both strechted out chilling:) although they didn`t say no to cuddles and treats!

They still have hay stuffed through 3/4's of their hutches (looks like they are in mini jungles!!) and they have tarpaulins. One side has duvets. The other did but they went mouldy a while ago so chucked them out. Shall i try and get hold of a few more?

I am planning to close them down around 4pm- just incase.

I have some valerian compound from last year, shall i put a few drops on their food this year? Apparently it has a natural calming affect.

They still have hay stuffed through 3/4's of their hutches (looks like they are in mini jungles!!) and they have tarpaulins. One side has duvets. The other did but they went mouldy a while ago so chucked them out. Shall i try and get hold of a few more?

I am planning to close them down around 4pm- just incase.

I have some valerian compound from last year, shall i put a few drops on their food this year? Apparently it has a natural calming affect.

The duvets sound a brilliant idea, they will be fine with the duvets and tarpaulins up honestly. Mine have been out every year for 4 years and its never bothered them! :wave:

I'm not sure about valerian use with rabbits. I would use rescue remedy instead perhaps.
If you have time to pick up some thick heavy blankets/duvets today that you can put under the tarpaulins then that sounds like a very sensible idea. There isn't much more that you can do than you have already done, other than perhaps walk around the garden whilst they are going off and talk calmly to all the buns through their tarps just to give them the sound of a familiar voice and some comfort. I hope it all goes ok and hope Autumn's sore mouth feels better soon. x

As much as I hate fireworks I do think your neighbour was quite nice to prewarn you, at least you can get the buns tucked up nice and early before it all kicks off. Everytime I checked on my buns last night they were too busy stuffing their faces to care about the fireworks but if you are worried what about giving them some rescue remedy?

Just called up vets and they have put some Rescue Remedy aside for me.

Hopefully they will be okay. :(

If there are any that you think are particularly vulnerable couldn't you keep them in a pet carrier in the kitchen for just the hour?

If there are any that you think are particularly vulnerable couldn't you keep them in a pet carrier in the kitchen for just the hour?

No doubt someone would claim "breach of quarantine" and start pointing the finger :roll: :(

Well, as always, he was Jekyll and Hide.

Got back at 5pm with stuff for buns, to be told fireworks had already been started.

Went and climbed on one of the hutch blocks to lean over, and called out "Gary, i thought it was between 6 and 7?" To which he started shouting:

"I can do the :censored: fireworks when i :censored: want to, i don't need your :censored: permission to do things in my own :censored: garden, you :censored: ugly cow"

So i tried to put across the point that i was trying to get back in time from the vets, to put drops on their food to keep them calm, and put duvets on the blocks.

He started f-ing and blinding, threatening to jump the fence and slit the rabbits throats and telling me to hurry up and kill them so he can use them as a bonfire.

I then started swearing back (as he was NOT listening) His daughter, all the while was hysterical in tears, (she is sensitive) He goes "Don't swear in front of my daughter you prat :?

So i said if you can :censored: swear, i can :censored: swear, after all, you can't :censored: tell me what to do in my own :censored: garden.

To which he started getting close to the fence saying, come over here, i'll have you, i don't care if you are a woman. Leant over the fence, and went to take a swing at my face :shock:

He then saw my brother watching out the window, and said, "you come out the front, and have it out with me" My brother said "Not with you like that" Neighbour said "Why?? I need to :censored: take it out on someone, or i'll smack er" (Talking about me)

Called me a :censored: ugly cow, told me to get a facelift (I am 19 :?) so i called him a King Penguin (as he is puffy chested)

Started talking rationally to his wife, after she gave up trying to get her "thing" in the house. So while i was, he continued throwing insults, so i just held my hand at arms stretch in his direction (as if to say, i am not listening, shut up" While talking to his wife.

I will be reporting him to the RSPCA and Police.
Luckily, no bunnies seem to have been affected at the moment by his noise.

Well, as always, he was Jekyll and Hide.

Got back at 5pm with stuff for buns, to be told fireworks had already been started.

Went and climbed on one of the hutch blocks to lean over, and called out "Gary, i thought it was between 6 and 7?" To which he started shouting:

"I can do the :censored: fireworks when i :censored: want to, i don't need your :censored: permission to do things in my own :censored: garden, you :censored: ugly cow"

So i tried to put across the point that i was trying to get back in time from the vets, to put drops on their food to keep them calm, and put duvets on the blocks.

He started f-ing and blinding, threatening to jump the fence and slit the rabbits throats and telling me to hurry up and kill them so he can use them as a bonfire.

I then started swearing back (as he was NOT listening) His daughter, all the while was hysterical in tears, (she is sensitive) He goes "Don't swear in front of my daughter you prat :?

So i said if you can :censored: swear, i can :censored: swear, after all, you can't :censored: tell me what to do in my own :censored: garden.

To which he started getting close to the fence saying, come over here, i'll have you, i don't care if you are a woman. Leant over the fence, and went to take a swing at my face :shock:

He then saw my brother watching out the window, and said, "you come out the front, and have it out with me" My brother said "Not with you like that" Neighbour said "Why?? I need to :censored: take it out on someone, or i'll smack er" (Talking about me)

Called me a :censored: ugly cow, told me to get a facelift (I am 19 :?) so i called him a King Penguin (as he is puffy chested)

Started talking rationally to his wife, after she gave up trying to get her "thing" in the house. So while i was, he continued throwing insults, so i just held my hand at arms stretch in his direction (as if to say, i am not listening, shut up" While talking to his wife.

I will be reporting him to the RSPCA and Police.
Luckily, no bunnies seem to have been affected at the moment by his noise.

You need to ring the police NOW hun - please please please ring them.

:shock: OMG what a horrible thing to happen to you! Deffo call the police that is sooo over the top and un-called for! Glad your bun's are alright! He is lucky he doesn't live next door to me-what a :censored:

You need to ring the police NOW hun - please please please ring them.

Here here he needs a warning - that's disgusting and they need to be aware of it - a short sharp talking too-he has threatened your pets - how are you going to feel safe now ? Hopefully the wife will be the voice of reason and re-assure you on that.

The threats he has made are vile and disgusting - what a horrible man. :censored::censored: my neighbour threatened to burn my house down last week - oh boy did the police let him have it!!! Report the little ****!

Last edited:
Back