• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Indoor bunny - does she need a friend?

cally73

Young Bun
Hi I have a 10 week old lionhead which I have had for 2 weeks she seems to be quite happy binkying around the downstairs. Should I try bonding her with a neutered male? Last night I had my 2 outdoor buns in the conservatory and she sat looking at them through the glass and I felt sorry for her. My hubby keeps saying she doesnt need a friend she has got us but it is not the same. I keep thinking of double the chewing of things in the house:shock: She has been quite good so far, we have a dog and she happily runs around with her and snuggles up to her she probably thinks its her mum!!! So what do you think is it always better to have a bonded pair?

You're right, human company isn't the same. It's up to you guys at the end of the day of course, but I should think she'd like a friend to talk to, groom and snuggle with - she won't love you any less!

Can she not be bonded with you other buns?

Back