PDA

View Full Version : porch

catho
06-11-2009, 10:25 AM
Hi would like some opinions please,we previously had 2 buns living outside in large double hutch and big playpen type run and also free run of garden when we are in.unfortunately one of our buns died in august and we have had no luck finding another girl bun to bond with from the rescue place we got them from.Now its wet,cold,fireworks etc i am really not happy about him being outside on his own-i've already bought a big dog crate but its too big to leave up all the time,so the other day i brought him in and he can have free range when we're in but at night i've put him in our porch with his little fleece house,litter tray etc its not heated so its not to hot and he's nice and safe and i'm not worried what do you think?

weeble
07-11-2009, 08:55 AM
It sounds like you are doing a good job looking after him a porch should be fine as long as it is big enough and secure and there is nothing in there he can eat that he shouldnt. I would be careful about bringing him in and putting him out again as it gets colder though as sudden temp changes arent good for buns

Whereabouts are you? A lot of the rescues on here are happy to rehome across the UK if you see a wifey bun you like further away

*lily*
07-11-2009, 08:55 AM
Sounds fine to me! :D:D

lottielouise
07-11-2009, 10:24 AM
My Porch gets Freezing this time of year! How big is it? Is there somewhere a bit warmer. I had Sophie under the stairs through the cold months last year. And she had access to the hallway. It is amazing what you can do with NIC panels, she had a 3 story mansion under there :)

karen354
07-11-2009, 03:03 PM
My house buns have their litter trays and water bowls in the porch, It's attached to my kitchen which they have free acess to all the time but I find it's an ideal little base( 7x4) for their litter trays and stuff.