• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Carry cases

Talael

Young Bun
I wasn't sure where to put this so sorry if it's the wrong place :oops:

What carry case would anyone recommend for a dwarf rabbit? I've got a gorgeous one at the moment, it's soft material and looks like a little holdall but Biscuit has just managed to bite through the zip today (he's been unusually aggressive since he was neutered on Tuesday, but maybe he associates the case with painful ops!)

We're going for our check-up in a min and the current case will be fine for now but near Xmas we'll be going on a long train journey to my Mum's and I need something more reliable but also comfy for him as he'll be in it for at least 5 hours. I don't want it so big he rattles around in it but he needs to be able to relax.

Any help?

Thanx

Yep, a solid cat carrier is best. I wouldn't trust rabbits teeth with fabric, although saying that Scamp has chewed a rabbit size hole in his plastic one too :roll:

I'd second the rec for side and top opening so they can hop in and you can left out.

Solid walls make it feel more secure to a rabbit but you can just drape a towel over.

hey i have this one in pink

http://www.petsathome.com/shop/faux-leather-cat-and-small-dog-carrier-by-pets-at-home-13640

i love it its got a coumfy bottom on it perfect for long journeys i travel nala for an hour to my OHs house every weekend to stay and shes coumfy enough in it and shes a giant so im sure a normal bun will be even happier :lol:

and it loooks prettier than most carriers which i love lol

I thought the OP meant an actual BAG bag! :oops: That's a relief!

Just to add, make sure it's lined with something he can't slip about on, then with loads of hay on top too for such a long journey. A towel or blanket over the top would make him feel safer too.

Last edited:
Lol, not an actual BAG bag :D It's got mesh on the sides and front but I've always been a little wary that he could chew thru it

I'll look at a plastic one as suggested. I normally put a puppy training pad in the bottom for any accidents on the way and loads of hay as it's a looong way to my Mum's.

Is best to go for bigger or smaller? As he's a dwarf I don't want him flying around in a big one!

On that note does anyone know what would happen if we went on a plane? It would be in this country (like to Southampton) but would he have to go in the hold?

Yep, I'm sure he'd rather have a train ride with you than be frightened out of his life in the hold of a plane!

The puppy pad/hay sounds ideal. I would recommend a smaller carrier as he'll feel more secure - it will be much easier to carry around too. Put a couple of small toys in for reassurance, and have a bottle of water handy to offer him at intervals too.

All my bunnies but Lola are fine with the mesh/cross metal front carriers available from pets at homes, paws for thought etc. Lola has a fully closed carry box, with vents, the lid is on hidges and on top. :wave:

Back