PDA

View Full Version : Insulating a shed

Bungle bunny
06-11-2009, 01:22 AM
Hello fellow bunny lovers.:wave:

I bought a new shed and I want to insulate it, has anyone ever done this? Also, has anyone heated a shed? I would be really interested in any tips. I am intending to go to B&Q in the morning to pick up some of the bubble wrap insulation.

Thanks

Bungle Bunny

bunny babe
06-11-2009, 08:00 AM
We used the silver bubble insulation and then went over it with plyboard so the little monsters don't knibble it. We just used a staple gun to attach it to the shed (including the roof).

We also have a light in there and the tubular heaters for very cold nights where they take the chill off the air.

Furries
06-11-2009, 12:56 PM
I've covered the outside of my shed with the insulating silver bubble wrap and then covered that with a tarpaulin. When I go to put them in their run in the morning, their shed is noticeably warmer than the outdoor temperature.

Furries
06-11-2009, 01:01 PM
Hello fellow bunny lovers.:wave:

I bought a new shed and I want to insulate it, has anyone ever done this? Also, has anyone heated a shed? I would be really interested in any tips. I am intending to go to B&Q in the morning to pick up some of the bubble wrap insulation.

Thanks

Bungle Bunny

If you're going to put your rabbits into a run during the day in wintertime, I wouldn't heat the shed as the temperature difference will be too great.

I've never heated a shed before and I'm not sure what you could use. You wouldn't be able to use anything that gardeners use for heating glasshouses (e.g. paraffin heaters), as the fumes would be bad for the bunnies.

How about getting your bunnies a Snugglesafe each to sit on if they feel cold? - I bought mine off Amazon.co.uk for about 11 pounds including postage (they're normally more like 15-20).