• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

coco's not eaten her special poo's, is there a problem

rexy&coco

Warren Scout
today coco has passed 2 of them and not eaten them, does this happen from having to much veg or is that just diarhoea from too much veg???
also--- sorry its always questions with me..
rexy has been having lots of free time in my alley which is where his hutch is , its fully carpeted and has my washing machine etc in it, anyway i have an old wooden drawer that i have filled with hay and straw , rexy has started to spend all his free time in this drawer he eats the hay poops in it the lot..
but he is now holding his poops and pees til he gets out for free time , surely this cant be doing him any good, also he isn't drinking a great deal at the moment either... he is eating fine , and running and binkying all over the place so can't be anything too bad, i hope do they drink less in winter???

sorry for all my questions AGAIN...:oops::oops:

Last edited:
If it's true diarrhoea then it would be quite runny unlike uneaten caecals which should resemble a bunch of grapes (ish!). Diarrhoea would be more serious of the two.

If she's not eating the poops it could be for dietary reasons but it could also be for heath reasons, I'll add a link in a minute to a thread I started, asking a similar question last week.

Info in the link below:
http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=201588

Don't know about your other questions, no doubt someone will advice in due course :)

Last edited:
they are definatly ceacals and no sign of diarhea at all, how many are they supposed to pass in a day???

today coco has passed 2 of them and not eaten them, does this happen from having to much veg or is that just diarhoea from too much veg???

dont worry, my rabbits dont always eat them either, they will eat them, maybe when your not watching, if your worried about drinking, mine do that sometimes, they drink a little, and by morning theres only been about 3 little mouth fulls, but later in the day it will be half empty, then gone by next morning, but i suppose they do drink less in winter, as it is cold, i boil water for my rabbits on really cold days and nights, i make sure the boiled water has cooled first, but is still warm, as my rabbits mouth will be burnt and bottle will melt, always make sure not to HOT ok?
Hope this helps...x

Back