• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit Joke

devoted2buns

Mama Doe
> Rabbit Joke
>
> A rabbit walks into a pub and says to the barman, 'Can I have a pint of
> beer, and a Ham and Cheese Toastie?'
>
>
> The barman is amazed, but gives the rabbit a pint of beer and a ham and
> cheese toastie.
>
> The rabbit drinks the beer and eats the toastie. He then leaves.
>
>
> The following night the rabbit returns and again asks for a pint of
> beer, and a Ham and Cheese Toastie.
>
> The barman, now intrigued by the rabbit and the extra drinkers in the
> pub, (because word gets round), gives the rabbit the pint and the
> Toastie. The rabbit consumes them and leaves.
>
>
> The next night, the pub is packed.
>
> In walks the rabbit and says, 'A pint of beer and a Ham and Cheese
> Toastie, please barman.'
>
> The crowd is hushed as the barman gives the rabbit his pint and
> toastie, and then burst into applause as the rabbit wolfs them down
>
>
> The next night there is standing room only in the pub. Coaches have
> been laid on for the crowds of patrons attending. The barman is making
> more money in one week than he did all last year.
>
> In walks the rabbit and says, 'A pint of beer and a Ham and Cheese
> Toastie, please barman.
>
> The barman says, 'I'm sorry rabbit, old mate, old mucker, but we are
> right out of them Ham and Cheese Toasties..'
>
> The rabbit looks aghast.
>
> The crowd has quietened to almost a whisper, when the barman clears his
> throat nervously and says, 'We do have a very nice Cheese and Onion
> Toastie.'
>
> The rabbit looks him in the eye and says, 'Are you sure I will like
> it.'
>
> The masses' bated breath is ear shatteringly silent.
>
> The barman, with a roguish smile says, 'Do you think that I would let
> down one of my best friends. I know you'll love it.'
>
> 'Ok', says the rabbit, 'I'll have a pint of beer and a Cheese and Onion
> Toastie.'
>
> The pub erupts with glee as the rabbit quaffs the beer and guzzles the
> toastie.
>
> He then waves to the crowd and leaves....
>
> ...NEVER TO RETURN!!!!!!
>
>
> One year later, in the now impoverished public house, the barman, (who
> has only served 4 drinks tonight, 3 of which were his), calls time.
>
>
> When he is cleaning down the now empty bar, he sees a small white form,
> floating above the bar.
>
>
>
> The barman says, 'Who are you?', To which he is answered, 'I am the
> ghost of the rabbit that used to frequent your public house.'
>
>
> The barman says, 'I remember you. You made me famous. You would come in
> every night and have a pint of beer and a Ham and Cheese Toastie.
>
>
> Masses came to see you and this place was famous.'
>
> The rabbit says, 'Yes I know.'
>
>
> The barman said, 'I remember, on your last night we didn't have any Ham
> and Cheese Toasties. You had a Cheese and Onion one instead.'
>
>
> The rabbit said, 'Yes, you promised me that I would love it.
>
>
> The barman said, 'You never came back, what happened?'
>
>
> 'I DIED', said the rabbit.
>
>
> 'NO!' said the barman. 'What from?'
>
>
> After a short pause. The rabbit said...
>
>
>
>
>
>
> 'Mixin-me-toasties.

Well I hope it does not cause any debate this year - yes Myxi is devastating and a truly vile disease and we all are scared of it - but I for one giggled and I have seen the pics of buns on here with it and I am sure no one means any offence by posting the joke, especially a rabbit rescue?

I have bi polar but I still love a good lesbian polar bear comment! :D

:shock: Wow that's a long joke, couldn't it be shortened :lol:
I think it's good, but probably offensive to a lot of people.

that is really not a funny joke, pointless posting it in a place where people here have and love thier bunnies for a start, secondly, there is people on here with bunnies who have myxi. i find that to be offensive and disrespectful.
i think its a pretty sick joke tbh

I dont think it was intended to be offensive:cry: The member runs a rabbit rescue - Im sure she is more than aware that of the devastation myxi brings - the joke is not mocking the ilness, its just a play on words and I am sure no offence was ever intended.

I dont think it was intended to be offensive:cry: The member runs a rabbit rescue - Im sure she is more than aware that of the devastation myxi brings - the joke is not mocking the ilness, its just a play on words and I am sure no offence was ever intended.

I second that! She runs a rabbit rescue so I severley doubt that she meant any harm by it!!! :roll:

Course I didn't mean it to be offensive and if I thought the joke was out of line, I wouldn't of posted it. It's light hearted IMO and the joke in itself isn't direct to cause upset. You can't please every one what ever you post on here, some people will have a moan whatever.

Course I didn't mean it to be offensive and if I thought the joke was out of line, I wouldn't of posted it. It's light hearted IMO and the joke in itself isn't direct to cause upset. You can't please every one what ever you post on here, some people will have a moan whatever.

Correct. I just cannot believe that anyone could find that joke offensive.:roll: we are all being sanitised against humour, very sad.

Correct. I just cannot believe that anyone could find that joke offensive.:roll: we are all being sanitised against humour, very sad.
I don't find this joke offensive because I don't take things to heart. But I remember the first time this joke was posted on here and the posts that followed were quite heated and a number of people were very upset about it. The thread was eventually deleted.

If one of my buns died of myxi, I would probably be upset. It just depends on the person really, some take jokes more seroious than other.

I don't find this joke offensive because I don't take things to heart. But I remember the first time this joke was posted on here and the posts that followed were quite heated and a number of people were very upset about it. The thread was eventually deleted.

Its JUST a joke. people make jokes about death, funerals, religion, michael jackson etc etc etc. It ISNT meant personally.

not again, this comes up every few months, this is at least the 4th time I've read it, and it always causes upset (whether it's funny or not is irrelevant). :roll:

Hehe, well that's the first time I've heard it and it made me giggle.

I think it's important to be able to joke about depressing subjects like myxi. Otherwise how are you supposed to get over things?

I've heard it before, but remember the thread starter got a bashing last time. And the RU-er who signed up with the username Mixing-my-toasties had a contract taken out on their life. Only on RU:lol:

This time I HAVE lost buns to myxi. And I still don't find it offensive. Just long:oops::lol:

Back