• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny balls - Or lack of them at 5 mnths?

vicki267

Mama Doe
Was taking three in for their myxi today and as I've been concerned about no balls on Alfie yet, took both the babies in for resexing.

Bobbi is defo a girlie.

Alfie, is now 5 months old, and although he has a penis, he has no balls yet. Vet is slightly concerned as by 5 months they should be there, tis what I thought too.

He had a little press about and even got a second opinion from another vet.

They said that if they haven't dropped by 6 months we have to consider they may be stuck up there (forgot the medical term) :lol:

He said about it being a bigger op, having to go into the tummy. He also said that if left up there they can become cancerous. He said he has never seen it in a bun before though, only dogs and cats.

I asked about the possibility of being "a bit of both", and that could be possible but vary rare :shock:

He is still VERY small for 5 months - I think it all comes from a bad start in life. Could him being a late developer really put him back this much - Vet really thinks by 5 months we should see some - Regardless of size.

Anyway, at least I know he is a boy and I done the right thing separating him a Bobbi, I felt bad for a moment thinking I parted them for no reason :roll:

Boo is 5 months old too and has no balls! Even the vet can't find them.
Also my vet mentioned the bigger op too... the thought scares me so i hope they'll drop soon :(

oreo is 4 months and he hasny got his either - we had him as a boy then a girl now a boy as the vet said she could feel the balls inside..though she did say they should have dropped by now..I keep searching much to his disgust but to no avail..

whats going on - there must be a ball napper in the midst!

Maybe these boy bunnies are all shy :roll::lol: Sending plum-dropping vibes in all directions!

Scamp, who is admittedly a wild rabbit so not quite the same, didn't get his until 8 months. Which is probably normal and pet rabbits have just be bred to develop quickly.

If they are 'stuck up there' ( :lol: ) then the risks aren't going to kick in until he's a bit older so it won't hurt to wait a few more months to see if they drop on their own. It is a bigger op if they have to go through the abdomen but not much different to a spay :)

Is he around Bobbi? The smell of a girl is usually a good way to kick start hormones.

Scamp, who is admittedly a wild rabbit so not quite the same, didn't get his until 8 months. Which is probably normal and pet rabbits have just be bred to develop quickly.

If they are 'stuck up there' ( :lol: ) then the risks aren't going to kick in until he's a bit older so it won't hurt to wait a few more months to see if they drop on their own. It is a bigger op if they have to go through the abdomen but not much different to a spay :)

Is he around Bobbi? The smell of a girl is usually a good way to kick start hormones.

No, I separated them at approx 10 weeks, Bobbi now lives with Stevie. Although his Mum moved back in with him almost two weeks ago (she's spayed though) and Kira and Arnie are within sight for him.

I've just started another thread about randomly meeting the woman who adopted his brothers today, and they also had the same problem even though they were bigger than him. The vet did finally manage to find his bits though. I think I will give him until after xmas, as I do want all four of them to live together.

Back