• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

im building a cage..querie

Sara keeley

Young Bun
im building an indoor cage for my 2 bunnies either 2moz or monday if the mesh doesnt arrive 2moz, itll be 2ft 4(70cm)wide by 7ft(2 meters) long, my actual question is about the flooring ive bought, i bought 1 meter by 4 meter long peice of durable water resistant/damp resistant non slip lino i assume this will be ok for them to use?

We've got lino down in our bunny room and our two are fine with it (weve out some fleecy blankets and a a rug down on the floor too)

Just make sure they cant chew the edges - we've used laminate flooring edging around the edges of ours

Just make sure they cant chew the edges - we've used laminate flooring edging around the edges of ours

yer the lino is bigger than we need in both width and length so i can leave a few inches of it outside the cage,
we''ll probably put some towels in there for them aswell.. we have bought everything except the mesh so cant wait for me bf to get building it lol

Lino is the best flooring IMO :) We have lino in the shed for Ronnie and Lolly and its so easy to sweep/wash :) I sweep the shed 3 times a day and wash it down once every other day.

You must be very excited! Dont forget to post pics when its all done :) xXx

Lino is the best flooring IMO :) We have lino in the shed for Ronnie and Lolly and its so easy to sweep/wash :) I sweep the shed 3 times a day and wash it down once every other day.

You must be very excited! Dont forget to post pics when its all done :) xXx

will do, hopefully the mesh arrives tomorrow then the bf can get putting it together we are using these...for actual cage

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Cube-Mesh-Grid-Storage-System/dp/B001PHOB7A/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=kitchen&qid=1257435679&sr=8-1-spell

these for litter boxes and hay trays..
http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/8753050/Trail/searchtext%3EUNDERBED+STORAGE.htm

lino flooring, cable ties and a latch for the door :)

We've got lino down in our bunny room and our two are fine with it (weve out some fleecy blankets and a a rug down on the floor too)

Lino here too....except we used Gaffer tape on the edges in Beas room cause its not a permanent set up.

Back