• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Burns Green oat hay causing soft poop?

FudgeTort

Wise Old Thumper
Anyone else experienced this??
Its my newest theory. Have now realised every time I fill their hay rack with oat hay in the night, I wake up to find smelly, soft poo. They seem to be fine when I just give them a little.
Is it possible this is the cause?
Im kind of hoping it is.

My last lot of baled hay was VERY green... it seemed to make my sensitive bunny do soft poops more than normal.

Hope that is of help.

I've noticed excess caecals after I gave them some oat hay recently. I guess like everything else they need to get used to it gradually, instead of only having it occasionally and them being allowed to gorge on it :)

I've noticed excess caecals after I gave them some oat hay recently. I guess like everything else they need to get used to it gradually, instead of only having it occasionally and them being allowed to gorge on it :)

Oh, ok, I'm glad it might not be something they have to give up all together, they absolutely love it.

Back