• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

cabbage

Ted an Petal

Warren Veteran
i've never tried my buns on this as i'm never sure what type to get and scared it'll make their poos funny, can anyone recommend a good one?

I get spring greens or savoy or sweetheart cabbage which seems to be their favourite.

my lot have white cabbage red cabbage spring greens savoy cabbage sweetheart cabbage

My lot, and the ones at work usually get maybe one or 2 leaves of either savoy or spring greens twice a day. Depends on how big the leaves are, plus they get turnip and carrot as well.

At work the cabbage is usually what they all eat first! :lol:

Cerys :)

My 2 love spring greens uusually give them twice a day.They prefer the greener leaves rather than the lighter leaves.

Mine always have sweetheart cabbage (because that's my favourite as well! :lol:)
They seem to love it and never had any problems with it...

Mine like the savoy but I tend to give brussel sprouts as they keep better. The French call brussel sprouts 'cabbages of brussels' so it is sort of cabbage too :)

mine get a small hand full as i chop mine up as maisy is a dental bun and can't eat a full leaf

Spring greens galore for mine. They all despise Savoy though :(.

Edit: Mine like Curly Kale, however I only give it once a month.
and Brussels.

Last edited:
Mine get either one or two leaves of Savoy each a day, depending on the size of the leaf, and a couple of spring greens too. Normal poos all the way so far! :wave:

Mine love sweetheart & newly discovered,red though red cabbage can make white buns look like they have on lipstick & give you minging nails!!:lol:

If it's green and cabbage looking, my buns will eat it, no matter what it is called. They also love brocolli, especially the stalks.
If yours have never had it before, I would introduce it gradually, 1 leaf each to start with and see how it goes.. then increase if all is well.
Wish I could find a cheap outlet for curly kale, cos I love it, and it is always too expensive :shock:

Back