• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

3am

Snowberry

Wise Old Thumper
I have been up since 3am. I can't cope anymore. I am exhausted.

They chased on the wooden floor. Put them in NIC set up they rattled like crazy till we heard next door get up. Put them back in our room and they chased again. Fed them at 5am and they were quiet for 5 minutes before it all started again.

My OH isnt talking to me. He wants them outside. For the past hour me n Strawbs have been in the lounge and he is in bed with Snowdrop.

I am too tired to think straight at the minute but we cant go on like this. I have been awake since 3am and have got work all day. My alarm should go off in half an hour but im up anyways.

Well it might, but if things are this bad and their bond is dubious anyway perhaps its a risk that needs to be taken :?

Yeh I will have a think about it.

We are going to try getting a big rug to cover the wooden floor in our room to see if it makes it any quieter. I would like to make the spare room bunny proof so they can be free range but with it being a rented house it will be very difficult to protect skirting boards, walls and doors.

Can you have them seperate but in the same room? Last night I put Poppy and Dinky in the crate and had Sweetpea and Gus freerange as they were making so much noise, I had to get up at 4:30 to get a flight and they woke me at 1 :evil:

Can you have them seperate but in the same room? Last night I put Poppy and Dinky in the crate and had Sweetpea and Gus freerange as they were making so much noise, I had to get up at 4:30 to get a flight and they woke me at 1 :evil:

I could but the one in the crate goes mental chewing at the bars to get out because the other is out! lol

I will give it a go tonight.

Went to put my shoes on this morning for work and in the 5 mins I fell asleep on the sofa he has chewed through them!!!

When I had Sorrel i didn't have a full night's sleep for I think two years...my tactics were to sleep on the couch, or wear earplugs in bed :)

I could but the one in the crate goes mental chewing at the bars to get out because the other is out! lol

I will give it a go tonight.

Went to put my shoes on this morning for work and in the 5 mins I fell asleep on the sofa he has chewed through them!!!

It is just so frustrating, I really sympathise :(

Dinky chewed Dave's guitar again this morning....after I spent ages making sure there was no way he could get to it! He is a terror!!

It is just so frustrating, I really sympathise :(

Dinky chewed Dave's guitar again this morning....after I spent ages making sure there was no way he could get to it! He is a terror!!

They are a pain in the backside at times! I seem to spend all my life telling Strawberry off. I feel bad but I really did dislike him this mornimg!

They are a pain in the backside at times! I seem to spend all my life telling Strawberry off. I feel bad but I really did dislike him this mornimg!

When we first got Sweetpea, all was fine but after two weeks or so Poppy started attacking her all the time, I got so cross with Poppy and did begin to dislike her :( But you have to remember it is all instinct and they really don't mean to be bad. Maybe try and have a bit of quite time with Strawberry to try and bond a bit. I did this with Dinky the other day and when he finally let me stroke him all was forgiven. Don't feel bad it's natural :(

When we first got Sweetpea, all was fine but after two weeks or so Poppy started attacking her all the time, I got so cross with Poppy and did begin to dislike her :( But you have to remember it is all instinct and they really don't mean to be bad. Maybe try and have a bit of quite time with Strawberry to try and bond a bit. I did this with Dinky the other day and when he finally let me stroke him all was forgiven. Don't feel bad it's natural :(

I will try and spend some time with him tonight. Its hard as im working alot at the minute and trying to spilt time between my OH, Strawbs and Snow and Bungle. I used to find him funny but its kinda gone beyond funny now!

Yeh I will have a think about it.

We are going to try getting a big rug to cover the wooden floor in our room to see if it makes it any quieter. I would like to make the spare room bunny proof so they can be free range but with it being a rented house it will be very difficult to protect skirting boards, walls and doors.

On someones setup, they have just put 2 high NIC panels all the way around. You could also consider the pen runs on zooplus that come apart. If they have plenty to do and lots of space, I doubt he will be rattling the cage. Maybe have a section coming in enought to open the door easily and protect the door

On someones setup, they have just put 2 high NIC panels all the way around. You could also consider the pen runs on zooplus that come apart. If they have plenty to do and lots of space, I doubt he will be rattling the cage. Maybe have a section coming in enought to open the door easily and protect the door

I tried this before but he just rattled the run panel to try and get out! He really is a pain in the bum! Its definately worth another go though. I will see what I can come up with tonight. I would have to just repaint the room when we move out as he always sprays wee all up the walls!!! The NIC setup has wooden panels behind it to protect the walls at the minute but they wouldnt stand up if the panels werent there.

He is so spoilt and has loads of toys, a friend to play with, yet spends all his time trying to get out of where ever he is and trying to cause trouble!

How long has he been neutered? Can you shut them in a dog crate but put a towel between the tray and the base to reduce the noise? I did this and it does help, they were a bit crazy at first but soon calmed down. Maybe he has too much space and interesting things to do?

How long has he been neutered? Can you shut them in a dog crate but put a towel between the tray and the base to reduce the noise? I did this and it does help, they were a bit crazy at first but soon calmed down. Maybe he has too much space and interesting things to do?

He was neutered over a year ago!

The problem with our crate is that the base is metal and bent slightly so it rattles when ever they walk on it! lol We tried taking the tray out but he could squeeze through the tiny gap at the bottom!

He is really good at going to bed- he has his pellets about 11pm and then flops out as soon as he has finished eating with Snow and they go to sleep. Trouble is he then wakes up a few hours later!

I just hope tomorrow im not starting a 1am thread as I have to drive to Manchester for a course so dont want to be tired!

Please, don't feel bad. Not many people would be able to put up with this. I'm sorry I have no advice for you but I'm sure they'll stop behaving like this when they are older. Why do bunnies have to be such a pain?:?

He was neutered over a year ago!

The problem with our crate is that the base is metal and bent slightly so it rattles when ever they walk on it! lol We tried taking the tray out but he could squeeze through the tiny gap at the bottom!

Try putting the crate on a rug, then putting a towel between the metal tray and the inside of the base of the cage, it should muffle the sound

Back