• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Excell Junior

Jenova

Wise Old Thumper
Hiya

I'm giving Grim depocillin injections for his jaw abscess so I had to take him with me to my mum's. I decided to use some of their rabbit food as they have the same as me, but their Excell is the Junior and Dwarf. I read the packaging and it contains prebiotic and probiotics. Now as I'm giving him antibiotic injections every three days is this a good thing or a bad thing? I'm under the impression it's actually going to benefit his digestive system while he's on the antibiotics; as long as I don't feed it to him for a few hours around the time I give him the injection or they'll cancel each other out?

Am I right? And if so how many hours should I wait before and after the injections?

It should be fine, rabbits are often prescribed Baytril and probiotic supplements together.

Although different species, if a pet rat is on antibiotics it's a good idea to disguise it in probiotic yogurt to disguise the taste and help with gut issues. NOt recommended for rabbits though obviously :wave:

Back