• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bringing buns in for tomorrow night?

dayle_x

Mama Doe
Nextdoor are letting off fireworks tomorrow right next to my shed.. so was gonna bring the buns in
but then what about the temp difference and putting them back outside?
Whats everyone else doing?

Hmmm hadn't thought about that really - mine don't seem too worried about them and I don't expect the immediate neighbours to be partaking. I will probably cover them up well so they feel more secure and/or sit with them.

If you are bringing them in and then putting them out again I guess you need to even out the temperature a bit, turn off the heating or at least the radiator in that room. But I wouldn't have thought a few hours would hurt anyway.

do you think putting a little portable radiator in the shed with them when its all over will help? its much warmer in the house even with the heating off than in the shed

:wave: I think there are mixed feelings on this - I replied to a thread earlier applying advice really which is based on dogs ie, putting a light on and a radio on - just to reassure but, if they are letting them off right by the shed you have to bring them in I would say. Apparently some do have a heart attack or die of shock-just prepare and ventilate a room (turn off the heating) make sure they have all they need food / water / hay etc and put them back out when its over. Thats what I would do if I thought they might be scared. Either that or sit out there with them till its over...:)

Look at it this way - the change in temp won't kill them but the fireworks may well. Bring them in, just don't have the heating on in the room they're in.

Back