• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pet Plan Rant UD What a mess!u/d the saga continues!

lottielouise

Wise Old Thumper
I know a lot of you have had no problems with pet plan, however...

I had to phone them tonight, as I noticed that Cherry Blossom's Insurance start date is wrong.

I phoned up on the 7/10 and asked that Autumn be taken off and Cherry be added. Ok, fair enough.

I got the paperwork through and just put it to one side. However, with all the work Cherry has needed doing, I thought I would check out the possibility of some of it being covered by insurance, and noticed that the start date was the 29/10.

So I phoned up and queried it. I was pushed from pillar to post trying to explain my problem to the call centre operator in a far flung land. After 30 minute on the phone to him and the lady in customer services, we finally came to the conclusion that the person who helped me on the 7/10 added Cherry to the existing policy rather than making one of her own.

However, lady from customer services said she will have to bring up the recorded conversation and will get back to me in 10-15 days!! Oh and on top of that I can't put any claims in until this is cleared up as all will be rejected. GRRR!!!!!

Last edited:
I have had lots of problems with Pet Plan in the past and it seems to me that everything is fine until there is an issue and then you realise just what poor customer service really is!

I don't and will never use them again.

I had similar problems with dates on certificates and spelling of names and breed etc. Basically I think the sales staff are rubbish - tell you anything to get you to take it out. I too had to wait for the recording to be dug out - it concurred what I had said and all was supposed to be cleared up (it was regarding previous vet visits) but then I got a letter saying I must get print outs from the vets of all treatment! I did this and everything was ok but what a mess!

I think some of this date business is that the date the thing is printed seems to go on because I had 3 sets of certificates and each had different dates on!

I think shes wrong about putting in the claims though. If you are sure of your facts and the recording will back you up then I'd put them in with a covering letter explaining and see how you go. I bet they've taken your premium though!

Also I always demand they call me straight back I don't want to pay more on my phone bill for their mistakes.

Call centres in faraway lands is something I dread. It's hard enough explaining something complex when the other person has English as their first language, I've had some impossible conversations with people in other countries who just don't have a clue what I'm talking about :?

I hope you get it sorted quickly.

Anyway, although it said not to put a claim in, I got sick of waiting for a reply, so put the claim in regardless.

I got a cheque a few days ago, didn't read what the letter said, and assumed it was for Frankie's dental. Actually read the letter last night and it was a refund of Cherrys premium from the old (wrong) policy, and asking me to pay for it on the new policy number :roll:

Anyway this is where the problems start:roll: because they had refunded the money, she didn't have a valid account, soo they took the full amount for the premium out of the direct payment to the vet. That means I now owe the vet £127 :roll::?:evil:

I can see their point, but grrrr. I wanted to pay by direct debit, like I do all the others

what a nightmare :(

ive only had to phone them three times and each time it went ok. id hate to have to fall out with them cus i cant strop off like i do with other big companies :oops:

just got around to changing my address on my insurance, only to find that pet plan have cancelled it!

Charlie needed to go to the vets, so I phoned up to update them, only they couldn't find Charlie, Sophie or Granite. I had continued to pay for Belle and Frankie as they were on different policies.

Anyway lady said she would investigate, and got a call back an hour ago, saying it was their fault, would I like to continue with my policy (I.E pay them for the missed months) or create a new policy!

I am so fuming it is unbelievable!!

they was taking money from you even though it was cancelled :shock::shock: or did you not notice they werent taking payments? sorry tired brain tonight :oops:

Back