PDA

View Full Version : Duchess wears rabbit fur

raine
04-11-2009, 10:06 AM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1224994/Chilly-reception-Charles-Camila-notably-crowd-greets-Canada-tour.html

Rhian33
04-11-2009, 10:09 AM
Really don't get why people enjoy having a dead animal draped around them :evil:

Jack's-Jane
04-11-2009, 10:11 AM
Its to be expected from such a moron

Stupid 'female dog' :evil:

minirex
04-11-2009, 10:18 AM
I'ts no different to wearing leather or having a leather sofa.
Most of what we as humans do causes an animal of some sort to die. Food, clothes, medical testing. Cleaning and beauty products are nearly always tested on animals. Even the vaccs we give our rabbits were tested on other rabbits.

I will never wear fur or leather but I wouldn't attack someone else for doing so. If she was wearing an endangered animal that would be a different argument.

Just to add before I get jumped on, I don't agree with her wearing it, but like I said there are lot's of things going on in the World that cause animals to suffer and die which the general public don't always realise.

areia
04-11-2009, 10:24 AM
Most of what we as humans do causes an animal of some sort to die. Food, clothes, medical testing. Cleaning and beauty products are nearly always tested on animals. Even the vaccs we give our rabbits were tested on other rabbits.

I will never wear fur or leather but I wouldn't attack someone else for doing so. If she was wearing an endangered animal that would be a different argument.

i agree here to be honest, firstly its the daily fail reporting it, though i tend to belive the fact shes had it for years, otherwise she would of had a real fur trim hat too,

this goes to the debate if you were given an OLD piece of fur coat hat etc would you still just throw it away, even though an animal suffered for it years ago

RubyTed
04-11-2009, 10:25 AM

Just to add before I get jumped on, I don't agree with her wearing it, but like I said there are lot's of things going on in the World that cause animals to suffer and die which the general public don't always realise.

I was going to say this...

BUT...for some reason I'm happy wearing leather, and not fur. (Not sure why!!)

steph182
04-11-2009, 10:27 AM
I was going to say this...

BUT...for some reason I'm happy wearing leather, and not fur. (Not sure why!!)

Maybe because we know that leather is just a byproduct if the meat industry, but when people mention fur you instantly think of it as the animal has been killed only for its coat?

What I always think at first anyway

giantbunnymummy
04-11-2009, 10:31 AM
Where animals are bred for fur (and treated barbarically in many less regulated countries) IMO it is worse than leather, a by-product.

As a vegan I would never wear, or condone, either.

minirex
04-11-2009, 10:33 AM
Maybe because we know that leather is just a byproduct if the meat industry, but when people mention fur you instantly think of it as the animal has been killed only for its coat?

What I always think at first anyway

But is all leather a byproduct? I think I will have to try and find out.

I don't know if true or not but I heard that animals killed for fur end up in pet food.

PrincessPinky
04-11-2009, 10:36 AM

I don't know if true or not but I heard that animals killed for fur end up in pet food.

But animals who are used for fur are treated in the most barbaric, disgusting, cruel way before the are "killed" either electrocuted or smashed rounf the head e.t.c, and most of the time skinned while they are still alive! :cry:

Getting Leather is not the same. :cry:

BobbleG
04-11-2009, 10:36 AM
I think it's completely different to wearing leather. The bodies of these poor animals are just discarded and are not used for the meat industry therefore their skin is never a by product, they are only literally killed for their pelts.

We don't eat foxes, dogs, cats, mink, chinchillas - all of which are used in the fur industry and unfortunately the biggest exportation of fur from China is cat fur. If anyone has seen the conditions these poor terrified creatures are kept in - only then to be electrocuted or very often skinned alive, it's not something easily justified.

I'm a vegetarian and don't wear fur or leather/suede etc but I do believe there is a difference in the products. Not all leather is a by product but it mostly is (although I don't like it either).

I think wearing fur is abhorrent.

PrincessPinky
04-11-2009, 10:37 AM
I think it's completely different to wearing leather. The bodies of these poor animals are just discarded and are not used for the meat industry therefore their skin is never a by product, they are only literally killed for their pelts.

We don't eat foxes, dogs, cats, mink, chinchillas - all of which are used in the fur industry and unfortunately the biggest exportation of fur from China is cat fur. If anyone has seen the conditions these poor terrified creatures are kept in - only then to be electrocuted or very often skinned alive, it's not something easily justified.

I'm a vegetarian and don't wear fur or leather/suede etc but I do believe there is a difference in the products. Not all leather is a by product but it mostly is (although I don't like it either).

Completley agree, and im not veggie! :)

areia
04-11-2009, 10:40 AM

male calfs treated worst than veal calfs for leather, they dont always use the by product as you said, the whole lot is all barbaric, i personaly dont agree with it, i would never buy a fur but if i was given an old one i dont think i could throw it out either, we dont eat cats and dogs but other countries do

BobbleG
04-11-2009, 10:40 AM
Completley agree, and im not veggie! :)

:)
Hardly any of my friends or family are veggie but not a single one would ever wear fur. My sister's view is, "if you don't eat it, you don't wear it". It certainly isn't necessary in this country, it's just a fashion and 'wealthy show' factor.

PrincessPinky
04-11-2009, 10:44 AM
:)
Hardly any of my friends or family are veggie but not a single one would ever wear fur. My sister's view is, "if you don't eat it, you don't wear it". It certainly isn't necessary in this country, it's just a fashion and 'wealthy show' factor.

Yep it disgusting and the way the animals suffer before been skinned is DISGUSTING!
I am more against the Fur Industry (esc Chinesse farms) than anything else!!!!!!!!! :evil:

minirex
04-11-2009, 10:45 AM
http://www.vegsoc.org/info/clothing.html

RubyTed
04-11-2009, 10:47 AM

What I always think at first anywayT

That's probably where my being ok with leather comes from.

angeleyes
I don't get it, she has a fake far trimmed hat so why couldn't she just get a fake fur scarf instead?!

minirex
Yep it disgusting and the way the animals suffer before been skinned is DISGUSTING!
I am more against the Fur Industry (esc Chinesse farms) than anything else!!!!!!!!! :evil:

The way animals are treated for the food industry is often just as horrific as those bred for fur.

PrincessPinky
04-11-2009, 10:50 AM
The way animals are treated for the food industry is often just as horrific as those bred for fur.

Not if you only buy free range meat from your local farm (which is also RSPCA reccomended) ;)

minirex
04-11-2009, 10:51 AM
I don't get it, she has a fake far trimmed hat so why couldn't she just get a fake fur scarf instead?!

I think she said the scarf is old. I don't wear fur but if I did have and old fur coat or scarf I'm not sure I could just throw it away, then the animal really would have died for nothing.

minirex
04-11-2009, 10:55 AM
Not if you only buy free range meat from your local farm (which is also RSPCA reccomended) ;)

RSPCA reccomended farms are not always what you would expect. Hillside had some secret footage of a turkey farm, the birds were being killed with basball bats!! The farm was RSPCA inspected.

Also just because an animal has lived on a free range farm doesn't mean it will be treated any better in the slaughter house.

PrincessPinky
04-11-2009, 11:04 AM
RSPCA reccomended farms are not always what you would expect. Hillside had some secret footage of a turkey farm, the birds were being killed with basball bats!! The farm was RSPCA inspected.

Also just because an animal has lived on a free range farm doesn't mean it will be treated any better in the slaughter house.

Well i have saw inside the farm (round the corner from me) and i was very happy with the layout and the procedures they have in place, he only has Chicken and Turkey, and that the only meat i eat anyway :)

The UK standards on animal farming are 100 times better than around the rest of the world, fur farms are also illegal in the UK, so no fur is ever "produced" in the UK.

IMO the fur industry is 100 times worse than the meat industry.
Which if you think about makes sense has fur farming in the UK is illegal but the meat industry is not

steph182
04-11-2009, 11:17 AM

I don't know if it is true, it's just the assumption I've always come to when I've thought of it. I don't like it, but I'd rather that leather was a byproduct of peoples food rather than the idea of them being bread for people to drape their coat around themselves

PrincessPinky
04-11-2009, 11:21 AM
I don't know if it is true, it's just the assumption I've always come to when I've thought of it. I don't like it, but I'd rather that leather was a byproduct of peoples food rather than the idea of them being bread for people to drape their coat around themselves

agreed

rabshan
04-11-2009, 05:15 PM
An UGLY old scarf for an ugly old bat:censored:VERY APT:lol:

Jaysmonkey
04-11-2009, 05:20 PM
:cry:

w1lll
04-11-2009, 06:44 PM
Surely it's better that all parts of the animal are used- otherwise it's a waste

antigone
04-11-2009, 09:16 PM
RSPCA reccomended farms are not always what you would expect. Hillside had some secret footage of a turkey farm, the birds were being killed with basball bats!! The farm was RSPCA inspected.Also just because an animal has lived on a free range farm doesn't mean it will be treated any better in the slaughter house.

:thumb:Agree. The RSPCA 'Freedom Food' scheme has been proven to be a joke on several occasions.

coco1200
04-11-2009, 09:37 PM
An UGLY old scarf for an ugly old bat:censored:VERY APT:lol:

:lol::lol::lol: love it!! completley true though!

I do believe that rabbit fur is a by product of the meat industry. Rabbits won't be bred specifically for their fur itself, there would be more value for their meat!

(Just to let you know, I do not condone wearing fur OR leather, a by product which I don't support)

raine
04-11-2009, 10:26 PM
i agree here to be honest, firstly its the daily fail reporting it, though i tend to belive the fact shes had it for years, otherwise she would of had a real fur trim hat too,

this goes to the debate if you were given an OLD piece of fur coat hat etc would you still just throw it away, even though an animal suffered for it years ago

Ive just given two mink coats and a silver fox coat to PETA to do as they wish. Yes, the poor animals had already died and one could easily have justified walking around like a hooker wearing these poor animals. But I dont want people wearing fur, especially me. Equally, this old shrew did not need to sling a dead rabbit around her wrinkled throat when there were other options available to keep her warm.

antigone
04-11-2009, 10:50 PM
Ive just given two mink coats and a silver fox coat to PETA to do as they wish. Yes, the poor animals had already died and one could easily have justified walking around like a hooker wearing these poor animals. But I dont want people wearing fur, especially me. Equally, this old shrew did not need to sling a dead rabbit around her wrinkled throat when there were other options available to keep her warm.

:thumb:

Azraelm
05-11-2009, 02:22 AM
:lol::lol::lol: love it!! completley true though!

I do believe that rabbit fur is a by product of the meat industry. Rabbits won't be bred specifically for their fur itself, there would be more value for their meat!

(Just to let you know, I do not condone wearing fur OR leather, a by product which I don't support)

Not true. Some rabbits are bred specifically for fur, some for meat- they are killed at different ages depending on what they are to be used for.

As to wearing vintage fur, that is no better as you're just perpetuating the idea that fur is ok to all those people who see you walking around in it...and an animal still died and suffered for it.

What a horrible old :censored: Charlie's tart is.

willow the wisp
05-11-2009, 02:26 AM
Surprised it wasnt a horses tail, because she sure looks like one. :evil::censored:

Starlight
05-11-2009, 02:41 AM
My Storm is a Chinchilla... they are bred just for their fur :(

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/VampiricLust/017-15.jpg

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/VampiricLust/twistorm002-1.jpg

Jack's-Jane
05-11-2009, 06:46 AM
A Rex Fur

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b27/Jan-bun/More%20Rabbits/010-18.jpg

and another one.............. :evil: :evil: :evil:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Rex-Rabbit-Fur-Scarves---various-colours_W0QQitemZ290354613819QQcmdZViewItemQQimsxq 20090930?IMSfp=TL090930155004r25275

LloydFerris
05-11-2009, 08:39 AM
"One local commentator said: 'I don't think we are as hung up about those kind of issues in Canada. Around here people are more likely to say "good on you sister"."

I am Canadian and THAT is BS!!! Peta and animal rights groups are alive and well in Canada. Of course, there are some insensitive :censored: people who still kill for 'sport', but they do NOT speak for our entire country!

Leather and fur are the same. Whether the body is used for meat or not, the animal still suffers a horrific life and death full of torture.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ct9sMsmjR5c

Becky:)
05-11-2009, 08:50 AM
A Rex Fur

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b27/Jan-bun/More%20Rabbits/010-18.jpg

and another one.............. :evil: :evil: :evil:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Rex-Rabbit-Fur-Scarves---various-colours_W0QQitemZ290354613819QQcmdZViewItemQQimsxq 20090930?IMSfp=TL090930155004r25275

Why anyone would buy that is beyond me, even if they were desperate to have real fur it doesn't even look real, the purple one for example looks completely snythetic, why would anyone pay 30 quid for it!? :evil:

Bunny Buddy
05-11-2009, 09:16 AM
As to wearing vintage fur, that is no better as you're just perpetuating the idea that fur is ok to all those people who see you walking around in it...and an animal still died and suffered for it.

This was my though on reading the thread last night though I didn't get it into words.

It's just beyond me why anyone would want to wear a dead animal no matter how long it had been dead :cry::cry: There are so many good synthetic alternatives there is just no excuse for it.

Just why would draping the skin of a dead animal around you neck enhance either your looks or your self-esteem :? Very, very strange,

As for the Rex fur scarves :censored: They are not even nice to look at - a chenelle (sp?) scarf surely would be more comfortable and look far better... the rabbit fur looks FAR better on the rabbit - where it should be :evil: