• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Duchess wears rabbit fur

I'ts no different to wearing leather or having a leather sofa.
Most of what we as humans do causes an animal of some sort to die. Food, clothes, medical testing. Cleaning and beauty products are nearly always tested on animals. Even the vaccs we give our rabbits were tested on other rabbits.

I will never wear fur or leather but I wouldn't attack someone else for doing so. If she was wearing an endangered animal that would be a different argument.

Just to add before I get jumped on, I don't agree with her wearing it, but like I said there are lot's of things going on in the World that cause animals to suffer and die which the general public don't always realise.

Last edited:
Most of what we as humans do causes an animal of some sort to die. Food, clothes, medical testing. Cleaning and beauty products are nearly always tested on animals. Even the vaccs we give our rabbits were tested on other rabbits.

I will never wear fur or leather but I wouldn't attack someone else for doing so. If she was wearing an endangered animal that would be a different argument.

i agree here to be honest, firstly its the daily fail reporting it, though i tend to belive the fact shes had it for years, otherwise she would of had a real fur trim hat too,

this goes to the debate if you were given an OLD piece of fur coat hat etc would you still just throw it away, even though an animal suffered for it years ago

Just to add before I get jumped on, I don't agree with her wearing it, but like I said there are lot's of things going on in the World that cause animals to suffer and die which the general public don't always realise.

I was going to say this...

BUT...for some reason I'm happy wearing leather, and not fur. (Not sure why!!)

I was going to say this...

BUT...for some reason I'm happy wearing leather, and not fur. (Not sure why!!)

Maybe because we know that leather is just a byproduct if the meat industry, but when people mention fur you instantly think of it as the animal has been killed only for its coat?

What I always think at first anyway

Where animals are bred for fur (and treated barbarically in many less regulated countries) IMO it is worse than leather, a by-product.

As a vegan I would never wear, or condone, either.

Maybe because we know that leather is just a byproduct if the meat industry, but when people mention fur you instantly think of it as the animal has been killed only for its coat?

But is all leather a byproduct? I think I will have to try and find out.

I don't know if true or not but I heard that animals killed for fur end up in pet food.

But is all leather a byproduct? I think I will have to try and find out.

I don't know if true or not but I heard that animals killed for fur end up in pet food.

But animals who are used for fur are treated in the most barbaric, disgusting, cruel way before the are "killed" either electrocuted or smashed rounf the head e.t.c, and most of the time skinned while they are still alive! :cry:

Getting Leather is not the same. :cry:

I think it's completely different to wearing leather. The bodies of these poor animals are just discarded and are not used for the meat industry therefore their skin is never a by product, they are only literally killed for their pelts.

We don't eat foxes, dogs, cats, mink, chinchillas - all of which are used in the fur industry and unfortunately the biggest exportation of fur from China is cat fur. If anyone has seen the conditions these poor terrified creatures are kept in - only then to be electrocuted or very often skinned alive, it's not something easily justified.

I'm a vegetarian and don't wear fur or leather/suede etc but I do believe there is a difference in the products. Not all leather is a by product but it mostly is (although I don't like it either).

I think wearing fur is abhorrent.

I think it's completely different to wearing leather. The bodies of these poor animals are just discarded and are not used for the meat industry therefore their skin is never a by product, they are only literally killed for their pelts.

We don't eat foxes, dogs, cats, mink, chinchillas - all of which are used in the fur industry and unfortunately the biggest exportation of fur from China is cat fur. If anyone has seen the conditions these poor terrified creatures are kept in - only then to be electrocuted or very often skinned alive, it's not something easily justified.

I'm a vegetarian and don't wear fur or leather/suede etc but I do believe there is a difference in the products. Not all leather is a by product but it mostly is (although I don't like it either).

Completley agree, and im not veggie! :)

male calfs treated worst than veal calfs for leather, they dont always use the by product as you said, the whole lot is all barbaric, i personaly dont agree with it, i would never buy a fur but if i was given an old one i dont think i could throw it out either, we dont eat cats and dogs but other countries do

Completley agree, and im not veggie! :)

:)
Hardly any of my friends or family are veggie but not a single one would ever wear fur. My sister's view is, "if you don't eat it, you don't wear it". It certainly isn't necessary in this country, it's just a fashion and 'wealthy show' factor.

:)
Hardly any of my friends or family are veggie but not a single one would ever wear fur. My sister's view is, "if you don't eat it, you don't wear it". It certainly isn't necessary in this country, it's just a fashion and 'wealthy show' factor.

Yep it disgusting and the way the animals suffer before been skinned is DISGUSTING!
I am more against the Fur Industry (esc Chinesse farms) than anything else!!!!!!!!! :evil:

T

That's probably where my being ok with leather comes from.

Yep it disgusting and the way the animals suffer before been skinned is DISGUSTING!
I am more against the Fur Industry (esc Chinesse farms) than anything else!!!!!!!!! :evil:

The way animals are treated for the food industry is often just as horrific as those bred for fur.

Back