• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

is it ok to put my bunny outside

beki

Mama Doe
Reggie has been inside for the past month. I got him from Kirkby so he has been outside before. I still have to sort out the hutch doors, it is a second hand hutch, i have cleaned it all out but the doors are warped and becasue of these silly dark nights i can only work on it at the weekend. I really do need to get him out as the only cat proof room is my bedroom and it is really not practical to keep him in there all winter. So if i make sure the hutch is well covered and lots of hay and straw in it will he be OK being out in this weather? Ruby seems fine but she has been out all along so has a nice thick coat. Hopefully within a month they can both be snuggling together as reggie is booked in for a neuter next week :)

I would be a bit concerned he's not going to have grown a thick enough winter coat as he's been inside as the weather's really only started to change for the colder over this past month. Also, what sort of hutch is it? Is it the kind with thin wooden walls or is it more solidly built (tongue and groove type construction)? Because that will affect how well insulated the hutch is, even if you do cover it up well and give them lots of bedding.

Hi, thanks for your reply. Irst is made thick woof. a home made one. The wood i just over a centimetre thick. it is really not practical for me to keep him inside ail winter, an i also want him bonded with ruby soon why is an outdoor bun. i do have a bric outhouse that is full of junk at the moment but i am worried about putting him in there as there is no light.

Back